This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Completely gluten-free Resturaunts?

CeliacMom2008

Cara in Boston Enthusiast

We been to a couple here and I have to admit, I actually got tears in my eyes to see how thrilled my 6 year old was to be able to pick out anything he wanted. It was so nice not to have to conduct a lengthy interview with the waitress.

In Randolph, MA (15 minutes from Boston) is All Can Eat - a bakery that serves breakfast, and lunch and sells pre-made goods.

And Idgy's on Cape Cod (Dennis? Yarmouth? not sure). This place was wonderful. We at there (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) several times while vacationing on the Cape.

Wish there was an option or two right in Boston . . . maybe soon.

Cara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Coleva Newbie

Pica Pica Maize Kitchen in San Fransisco is entirely gluten-free, and also pretty amazing.

blabberbutter Newbie

Crave Bake Shop in Lake Oswego, Oregon is completely gluten-free, and so delicious. Their cinnamon rolls are amazing, my gluten eating boyfriend prefers them over anything else.

Also the little restaurant and food cart The Whole Bowl is also gluten-free and scrumptious. That's in Portland though.

Kate79 Apprentice

There's a few in the Chicago area:

Sweet Ali's Bakery in Hinsdale is completely gluten free and delicious - they did the cupcakes for my wedding recently and even the gluten-eaters loved them. They've also got really good cinnamon rolls!!

DaLuciano's restaurant in River Grove, IL - it's not completely gluten free, but they've got an enormous gluten free menu and a completely separate kitchen where the gluten-free items are made. Four of the restaurant owner's kids have celiac disease.

Fatoush in Chicago - A Lebanese restaurant that's completely gluten free except that they carry regular pita and baklava that are made off-site. The restaurant owner has an anaphylactic (sp?) reaction to gluten.

BabsV Enthusiast

Posana Cafe in Asheville, NC.

Our server told us all menu items were gluten-free when we were there in August 2011.

Open Original Shared Link

spinal77 Newbie

The Empress in Richmond, VA. Open Original Shared Link

CeliacSarah80 Newbie

Sweet Sin Bakery in Baltimore, MD. It's soooo good! Not only do they have amazing cupcakes and desserts, but they also crank out super-tastey breakfast, lunch and dinner options. They also make really good breads!

I love eating there because I can relax and not worry about CC. It's unfortunately about 30 minutes away - so I only get to go occasionally.

Also, Lillit Cafe in Bethesda, MD specialized in gluten free stuff. They have a little market inside where they sell gluten-free goods - their menu is pretty extensive. They make the best gluten-free crabcakes! (they also have a regular menu - so not totally gluten free.)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

carecare Enthusiast

Caffe Naturally in Green Bay, WI is a 100% gluten free kitchen :)

I know in Madison Wisconsin there are a couple gluten free bakeries....just don't know their names off the top of my head.

caiticakes Newbie

I live right by Idgys in Yarmouth MA and its so good! Open Original Shared Link

I've also been to the aussie bakery which had some of the best deserts I've ever tasted!

• 2 weeks later...
jaten Enthusiast

Another vote for New Day Gluten Free outside of St. Louis. Used to be / still is Beck's Bakery. Yum.

In Nashville, Aunt April's Bakery. This one is more a dedicated gluten-free bakery than restaurant, but she does have a few tables and ONLY gluten free sandwiches, etc. Highly recommend.

RacerX35 Rookie

Here in Temecula, Ca is All Of The Above. Great food and gluten, dairy, casien free foods. Either all at once or you can buy food that is one or the other. I got a great carrot cake there last time and I always get a delicious chicken salad sandwich, They even had some fantastic individual pineapple upside down cakes one time. The only problem for me is that I live an hour away while at work. I couldn't justify taking a 2.5 hour lunch break and they don't open until 9:00a.m. and close at 6:00p.m.!!! I olny make it in if I have some meeting in town or some other reason, like going to get stuff for the office. lol

Later,

Ray

Archived