• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
maitrimama

Multiple Sclerosis

Rate this topic

Does anyone know of a MS Forum that is similar to this one? I figured since they were both autoimmune diseases , and I have already gotten so much good info from all you people, it was worth a shot - thx

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Rosalieblue

• Topics

• In the US you can order blood tests online. If you want to go that route here is the info: The full celiac panel includes: TTG IGA
      TTG IGG
      DGP IGA
      DGP IGG
      EMA
      IGA You can either have a gastroenterologist order the full celiac panel plus whatever
      else they typically test for, or you can order your own test at a site like
      walkinlab.com. At walkinlab.com it's called the celiac comprehensive antibody test and
      costs $298.00 (not covered by insurance). The blood draw is done at your nearest
      Labcorp. You get your results in less than a week at walkinlab.com .   If you are going to buypass testing for some reason you can try a really basic diet for a couple of weeks. If you start to feel a little better you can slowly add on basic meats and veggies and see how you feel. For a basic diet I'm thinking chicken cooked with salt and chicken broth.   I'm not a doc, just my opinion.  
    • I have had Costa Coffee, but just plain.  What we miss are their gluten free chicken wraps and brownies!  We lived on those for breakfast before touring around.  Starbucks, bring those to the U.S.!  
    • Everyone here has been so nice and supportive to explain why it's so important to stay gluten free for your disease. I however am going to have to take the tough love way in hopes you will see the seriousness of this.  Going to the bathroom several times a day is just a minor symptom of your body destroying your ability to absorb nutrients, for which all organs and systems in your body require to work properly.  Have you seen the list of diseases this can lead to?  I chose to try to not get fibromyalgia, dementia, alzheimer's, colon cancer, type 1 diabetes, other organ failures, and on and on....these are not just diseases for old people, you can trigger them at any time if you keep pushing your body to it.  If you do not take care of it, this disease will eventually kill you, in a slow and painful and drawn out miserable way... worth it???
    • There are people convinced they react to water.... Use some common sense and read labels. Most Celiacs don't post on here and most probably live their lives believing when a product says it is gluten-free that it is gluten-free.   I have seen people convinced they are reacting to a gluten-free product but it turns out to be something else.  Don't let people scare you if it makes no sense.    
    • I buy both.  Never been glutened by them.   I do avoid the deli counter.  I choose those that are factory packaged.   
  • Upcoming Events