This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Yeast Intolerance/allergy

Di2011

Di2011 Enthusiast

I was wondering if anyone could describe their personal experience with having both gluten and yeast allergy??

Is there a difference in your symptoms? Do you avoid yeast just because of its strong attachment to gluten products? Was anyone possible gluten intolerant/allergy but turned out to be the yeast?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

collgwg Contributor

for me i guess it all started out with an intestenal infection, how im not quite sure on that one, but since it made me so sick i was in the hosp for a week , i had a colonoscopy and that chalk type drink with xrays and blood work,then sent to a allergy dr he said i tested that i was allergic to, wheat, soy, dairy, birch ragweed ,grass, and all the cross foods, with the birch rag and grass (oh lovely just great)with this intestenal infection i have developed leaky gut with over groth of yeast in my system so i was put on a yeast free diet

when i was going through all this i was thinking i had celiac ,as it is in my close family and i went gluten free and when i was first getting sick i went lactose free then gluten free and still feeling sick then went night sade free feeling a bit better but now i find that if i get any of the allergy type foods like soy gluten lactose or cross foods i get sick im having such a hard time trying to find foods to eat other than yogurt steak burger red meat hurts big time night shade makes me joints hurt so bad im couch bound for days as the same with gluten big D happens with that

and soy i sound like racheal ray with broncitius lol when there is any soy or soylethin in products i have lost 30 lbs so far yes i am lighter but good god my guts are tendar and its so hard to find foods to eat that are soft on my guts

so frustrateing and what is more frustrateing is that i can not go out anywhere for supper mother in law made roast beef carrots corn and potatoes and invited us over for supper well i ended up staying home cause i could not watch everyone enjoy this meal.

now im at the point where i can only eat yogurt haddock chicken cauliflower aspargus agave nectar is wonderful stuff coconut milk blueberries grapefruit sea salt pepper basil ginger garlic onion apples almonds

if i eat anything else my guts hurt and feel raw i hope these guts toughen up soon this is getting annoying

well thats my story thats an on going battle to figure out what my body can or can not handle

i also have family members who seem to think if you feel sick to your stomach take gravol if you have heart burn take nexium or something like that tums even if your stomach hurts get a RX take a pill for this or that i really feel that takeing pills for a raw hurting intestines and stomach is really not the answer

so there ya have it :) thanks for listening to me complain and explain lol

Di2011 Enthusiast

I am a lot more understanding with allergy sufferers - it isn't "complaining"! Nothing worse than others who don't understanding or think you are hypercondriac.

I'm in my early days of trying to sort out what works for me and only this past week accepted that it might be months or years. I worked in a bakery and got sicker and sicker over those 9 months so I think the build up of poisoning and illness will mean I need to go slow. The most frustrating is exhausting sinus infections that last for weeks.

I am eating & feeling better without the glutens but now cringe at anything with a chemical number in the ingredients. Can't do me much harm to avoid those I guess.

The more I read on this forum the better I feel about it all.

collgwg Contributor

this fourm helps so much

missmellie Newbie

for me i guess it all started out with an intestenal infection, how im not quite sure on that one, but since it made me so sick i was in the hosp for a week , i had a colonoscopy and that chalk type drink with xrays and blood work,then sent to a allergy dr he said i tested that i was allergic to, wheat, soy, dairy, birch ragweed ,grass, and all the cross foods, with the birch rag and grass (oh lovely just great)with this intestenal infection i have developed leaky gut with over groth of yeast in my system so i was put on a yeast free diet

when i was going through all this i was thinking i had celiac ,as it is in my close family and i went gluten free and when i was first getting sick i went lactose free then gluten free and still feeling sick then went night sade free feeling a bit better but now i find that if i get any of the allergy type foods like soy gluten lactose or cross foods i get sick im having such a hard time trying to find foods to eat other than yogurt steak burger red meat hurts big time night shade makes me joints hurt so bad im couch bound for days as the same with gluten big D happens with that

and soy i sound like racheal ray with broncitius lol when there is any soy or soylethin in products i have lost 30 lbs so far yes i am lighter but good god my guts are tendar and its so hard to find foods to eat that are soft on my guts

so frustrateing and what is more frustrateing is that i can not go out anywhere for supper mother in law made roast beef carrots corn and potatoes and invited us over for supper well i ended up staying home cause i could not watch everyone enjoy this meal.

now im at the point where i can only eat yogurt haddock chicken cauliflower aspargus agave nectar is wonderful stuff coconut milk blueberries grapefruit sea salt pepper basil ginger garlic onion apples almonds

if i eat anything else my guts hurt and feel raw i hope these guts toughen up soon this is getting annoying

well thats my story thats an on going battle to figure out what my body can or can not handle

i also have family members who seem to think if you feel sick to your stomach take gravol if you have heart burn take nexium or something like that tums even if your stomach hurts get a RX take a pill for this or that i really feel that takeing pills for a raw hurting intestines and stomach is really not the answer

so there ya have it :) thanks for listening to me complain and explain lol

Just curious. If you're allergic to dairy, why are you still eating yogurt? Doesn't it cause you lots of problems? I do understand about family members giving you grief. I've been told my whole life that my gut problems were all in my head (doctors and family). Finally, we have tests that can prove it.

ndw3363 Contributor

I'm actually pretty convinced the majority of my problems are yeast related and not simply gluten. It all began in 2008 and I took myself off all sugar and most carbs. Started to get better, but not completely. Fast forward a few years and I started to get an itchy skin rash - thought it was DH. Derm says it's not, but I took myself off gluten anyway. Started to feel better and skin cleared up. Then I found all kinds of super gluten-free substitutes (against the grain baguettes anyone??) and I'm feeling terrible again and my skin rash is back. I've never been able to follow the yeast diet fully. No sugar and No carbs of any kind for weeks?? REALLY?? I'm going to try to cut out as much as possible, but winter is coming. But I've noticed the more carbs I eat, the more depressed I get. I need to find the willpower to break the cycle - ideas??

• 2 months later...
collgwg Contributor

im not touching yogurt anymore it yes does cause stomach upset so i droped that

i find i can tolorate agave nectar that really helps and try make a breakfast bar with foods you can tolorate gives you sweetness crunch you can use rice chex nuts coconut agave some kind of nut butter mix spread in pan chill and enjoy

mind you i have tryed this and my system dosent like nuts heck my system dosent like much lately

this yeast free gluten free soy free nightshade free nut free egg free lactosefree diet sucks im running out of food to eat

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived