This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Make Up A Funny Word!

Harpgirl

Harpgirl Explorer

Mommida brought up some old memories of mine of when my cousin and I use to stay up all night making up funny words whenever we got together. I was wondering if anyone else here could be creative enough to do that (it's been years for me... :rolleyes: ) The 3 that I remember the most were:

Rimbobadoobee

Clibberdipple

Terapoothamite

Unfortunately, it may not be quite as funny typed out as spoken, but I thought we might give it a try. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Jestgar Rising Star

With meanings?

Cataphony - what you get when you step on your kitty in the dark.

Harpgirl Explorer

With meanings?

:lol: Even better! :D

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

I can't think of anything new right now but I was reminded of this old thread:

kareng Grand Master

I think we make up a few words on this forum:

Glutenous

Glutiginous

Glutenateor

My son used to call cookies " coochies"

A " Goo rag" - the cloth diaper you put on shoulder so a baby can " goo" on it.

Harpgirl Explorer

I think we make up a few words on this forum:

Glutenous

Glutiginous

Glutenateor

My son used to call cookies " coochies"

A " Goo rag" - the cloth diaper you put on shoulder so a baby can " goo" on it.

:lol:

My son use to say pista for pizza, yourgut for yogurt, and waygle soup for swim suit (waygle meant water).

mommida Enthusiast

With meanings?

OK

Cataphonicphobia = Fear of stepping on your kitty in the dark or howling cat noise.

My 2 year-old creation, bing bangs = band-aids

yeowlll = Holy mother of god that hurts!

snarkism = sarcastic negative commentary

torquegasm = sex related injury

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

torquegasm = sex related injury

:ph34r: I think there is a story to that one! :D

mommida Enthusiast

you know it! Just not as flexible as I once was.

bartfull Rising Star

My family used to add the suffix -age on to a lot of words, ala "drainage".

If it's snowing, there's a lot of snowage going on.

I got sick at the local pizza joint because there was a lot of glutenage in the air.

I'm having trouble healing because there is so much cornage in our food supply.

I have kept my sanity through all of this because of all the supportage you folks on the forum have given me.

Ok, maybe it's not so funny, but it used to crack my family up. Sometimes there was so much laughage going on it was hard to breathe.

• 3 weeks later...
allergyprone Contributor

waskels and catchup = waffles and syrup

cogawapease = cold water please

floofy = my hair on a rainy day

old timers = what my great grandpa suffered from (alzheimers)

chiliacs sneeze = what i was being tested for

Roda Rising Star

Husband and 6 year old: yogrit = yogurt

My 6 year old when he was a toddler: garjib = garbage he was facinated with the garbage man and the garbage can. He still likes to pick up random "stuff" when we are out and about.

My 10 year old when he was in the 1st grade: N = Ian There was a new kid that came and he came home and told me there was a new kid in his class and his name was N. I asked him if the kid's name maybe was Ian. He was so insistant that his name was N because that is what his teacher said. I realized that the teacher was saying Ian, but with her accent he heard it as "N".

Me messing up: heart arrest = combination of heart attact and cardiac arrest(I guess I was tired)

Here are some I hear a lot at work:

diarearer = diarrhea

vomiking = vomiting

testes(not the male appendage :blink::lol: but pronounce the "es" like in houses) = tests

MIR scan = MRI scan

mammieogram = mammogram

mushroom Proficient

Me, when I was a kid (polio epidemic time) - never could figure out how "paralyzed" ducks could fly :blink:

mushroom Proficient

My favourite made-up word which has been in use for years is discombobulated, followed closely by confuzzled.

Roda Rising Star

My favourite made-up word which has been in use for years is discombobulated, followed closely by confuzzled.

I thought my mom was the only one that was discombobulated! :lol:

Di2011 Enthusiast

Not exactly 'making up new words' but I have had a few giggles lately with my 9y/o sons interpretation of song lyrics.

"Gotye" has a song titled 'Somebody that I use to know' which is one of my favourites at the moment.

Open Original Shared Link Look it up on youtube great video & interesting song.

When it comes on the radio Gotye sings 'But you didn't have to cut me off' but my Liam sings "you didn't have to cut me up" and does all the hand actions of chopping off my arm. :blink::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Live Love Twillight Rookie

a few-

Stabby- feeling violent in a funny way "I'm feelin' STABBY today!!"

ZQA- this is hilarious, my friends were fighting over typing something in the school computer and came up with this word----it means nothing and everything at the same time. favorite version- "Shut the ZQA up!!"

and these 2 from my little bro-- Boop Rwag (a-hm-vomit rag for the moms shoulder) and a "hair dude" he cant pronouce thigs very well, and calls his "hair do" that...... :P:rolleyes:;)

Live Love Twillight Rookie

now we're getting creepy......O.o that is exactly the order of my friends fav words....but theres no way u can be her since she is 12 :P

Archived