• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Make Up A Funny Word!

18 posts in this topic

Harpgirl    10

Mommida brought up some old memories of mine of when my cousin and I use to stay up all night making up funny words whenever we got together. I was wondering if anyone else here could be creative enough to do that (it's been years for me... :rolleyes: ) The 3 that I remember the most were:

Rimbobadoobee

Clibberdipple

Terapoothamite

Unfortunately, it may not be quite as funny typed out as spoken, but I thought we might give it a try. :P

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

kareng    1,992

I think we make up a few words on this forum:

Glutenous

Glutiginous

Glutenateor

My son used to call cookies " coochies"

A " Goo rag" - the cloth diaper you put on shoulder so a baby can " goo" on it.

Ads by Google:

Harpgirl    10

I think we make up a few words on this forum:

Glutenous

Glutiginous

Glutenateor

My son used to call cookies " coochies"

A " Goo rag" - the cloth diaper you put on shoulder so a baby can " goo" on it.

:lol:

My son use to say pista for pizza, yourgut for yogurt, and waygle soup for swim suit (waygle meant water).

mommida    158

With meanings?

Cataphony - what you get when you step on your kitty in the dark.

OK

Cataphonicphobia = Fear of stepping on your kitty in the dark or howling cat noise.

My 2 year-old creation, bing bangs = band-aids

yeowlll = Holy mother of god that hurts!

snarkism = sarcastic negative commentary

torquegasm = sex related injury

Ads by Google:

kareng    1,992

torquegasm = sex related injury

:ph34r: I think there is a story to that one! :D

bartfull    565

My family used to add the suffix -age on to a lot of words, ala "drainage".

If it's snowing, there's a lot of snowage going on.

I got sick at the local pizza joint because there was a lot of glutenage in the air.

I'm having trouble healing because there is so much cornage in our food supply.

I have kept my sanity through all of this because of all the supportage you folks on the forum have given me.

Ok, maybe it's not so funny, but it used to crack my family up. Sometimes there was so much laughage going on it was hard to breathe.

Ads by Google:

waskels and catchup = waffles and syrup

cogawapease = cold water please

floofy = my hair on a rainy day

old timers = what my great grandpa suffered from (alzheimers)

chiliacs sneeze = what i was being tested for

Roda    186

Husband and 6 year old: yogrit = yogurt

My 6 year old when he was a toddler: garjib = garbage he was facinated with the garbage man and the garbage can. He still likes to pick up random "stuff" when we are out and about.

My 10 year old when he was in the 1st grade: N = Ian There was a new kid that came and he came home and told me there was a new kid in his class and his name was N. I asked him if the kid's name maybe was Ian. He was so insistant that his name was N because that is what his teacher said. I realized that the teacher was saying Ian, but with her accent he heard it as "N".

Me messing up: heart arrest = combination of heart attact and cardiac arrest(I guess I was tired)

Here are some I hear a lot at work:

diarearer = diarrhea

vomiking = vomiting

testes(not the male appendage :blink::lol: but pronounce the "es" like in houses) = tests

MIR scan = MRI scan

mammieogram = mammogram

mushroom    1,205

Me, when I was a kid (polio epidemic time) - never could figure out how "paralyzed" ducks could fly :blink:

mushroom    1,205

My favourite made-up word which has been in use for years is discombobulated, followed closely by confuzzled.

Roda    186

My favourite made-up word which has been in use for years is discombobulated, followed closely by confuzzled.

I thought my mom was the only one that was discombobulated! :lol:

Ads by Google:

Di2011    44

Not exactly 'making up new words' but I have had a few giggles lately with my 9y/o sons interpretation of song lyrics.

"Gotye" has a song titled 'Somebody that I use to know' which is one of my favourites at the moment.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/gotye/somebodythatiusedtoknow.html Look it up on youtube great video & interesting song.

When it comes on the radio Gotye sings 'But you didn't have to cut me off' but my Liam sings "you didn't have to cut me up" and does all the hand actions of chopping off my arm. :blink::lol:

a few-

Stabby- feeling violent in a funny way "I'm feelin' STABBY today!!"

ZQA- this is hilarious, my friends were fighting over typing something in the school computer and came up with this word----it means nothing and everything at the same time. favorite version- "Shut the ZQA up!!"

and these 2 from my little bro-- Boop Rwag (a-hm-vomit rag for the moms shoulder) and a "hair dude" he cant pronouce thigs very well, and calls his "hair do" that...... :P:rolleyes:;)

now we're getting creepy......O.o that is exactly the order of my friends fav words....but theres no way u can be her since she is 12 :P