This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Undiagnosed And Looking For Natural Help And Healing

Shurrie

Shurrie Newbie

I have had issues with my colon since I was in my 20's (I am 43). I have had test like Barriem(msp), Colonoscopy, blood work ups etc.. always being told they can find nothing- Even to the point of having surgery for a suspected cyst on my left ovary because of the lump that was felt by the Gyno. (turns out that was a good thing as I had a tumor inside my uterus that was twice the size of my uterus). About 8yrs ago I went to a 95% organic diet, including hormone and steroid free meats. But I moved about 3yrs ago and can not find a local organic store (and the regular stores are extremely limited). Recently I have had serious pain in my left lower abdomen again, now I have constant gas, heartburn, and upper abdominal pain as well, and now my left eye is twitching. My bowels movements are unpredictable and sometimes days will pass without anything but gas. Exercise is not a problem, as I sling steel 12hrs a day, 4 to 5 days a week and walk over a kazzilion miles(lol). I have tried everything to ease this pain from drinking tomato juice to papaya and sea salt. This has been a horrid 3 days. I am starving but eating food makes it worse and the smell of food makes me nauseous and I lose my appetite. Yesterday I started craving nothing but sugars( I am not big on candy at all). Today, if I do not move to much there is little pain, but when I do get up I cramp, pass an immense amount of gas, feel better for a few then bam feel sick again. I do not have time to feel this crappy. Can't stand going to the d*** dr and be patted on the poopoo and told everything is in 'normal' range yadda yadda. I am going to make another appt. with the Dr., because as I said, the last 3 days have been hell. I can not afford to miss work. I want to know if anyone is using 'organic'-'Natural' methods...I refuse to put man-made drugs in my body...this is enough to deal with, without worrying about side effects that are worse then the existing problem.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

So, you have uterine fibroids?

Have you ever read Dr. John Lee's book on progesterone cream?

If you suspect you have gluten issues, try the gluten-free diet. If you want to be tested for Celiac, get testing first before proceeding with the diet since gluten withdrawal negates the tests.

kareng Grand Master

Nothing more natural than a gluten free diet if you have Celiac. No need for medications.

jswog Contributor

Nothing more natural than a gluten free diet if you have Celiac. No need for medications.

And if for no other reason than that, I'm very thankful that, of all of the auto-immune disorders I could have, I ended up with Celiac!

Shurrie Newbie

So, you have uterine fibroids?

Have you ever read Dr. John Lee's book on progesterone cream?

If you suspect you have gluten issues, try the gluten-free diet. If you want to be tested for Celiac, get testing first before proceeding with the diet since gluten withdrawal negates the tests.

I do not have uterine fibroids that I know of...they found the tumor because I went in thinking my left ovary was going to explode, as the area was swollen and extremely painful to touch. Turned out my ovary was perfect and found the tumor in the uterus.... That was 4yrs ago. in my 20's they thought endometriosis...did a laproscopy told me they could find nothing...went to another dr. and they did a barrium test. Upper and lower test and said I was normal and they had no idea why I was having the problems I was having...In my 30's a Dr said his best guess was IBS and to cut out fatty foods and nuts. I hardly ate/eat fatty foods as they seem to make me vomit a lot. I am making another appoint to the Dr., because celiac keeps popping up in my internet research. I need to make it through this week until I can get in. and nothing I am finding is helping relieve the pain I am in. The only downside of this is that if I do have celiac, my options for obtaining food at the store has dramaticly decreased. I live in BF nowhere. The most I have seen on the shelves is gluten free crackers and cookies... and outside of no gluten what else will need to go/be replaced??

I do not trust dr's to give an honest diagnosis unless they can push a man-made drug on you to cure it.

Ok, I know I'm hammering at this...but what kind of tumor was it? Was it a benign mass?

Most unprocessed food is gluten free - fruits, veggies, meats, herbs, spices. There are quite a few processed foods that are gluten-free but not labeled so. It's easier than you think. Read through the posts here about "newbies". You'll get a lot of ideas.

Shurrie Newbie

Ok, I know I'm hammering at this...but what kind of tumor was it? Was it a benign mass?

Most unprocessed food is gluten free - fruits, veggies, meats, herbs, spices. There are quite a few processed foods that are gluten-free but not labeled so. It's easier than you think. Read through the posts here about "newbies". You'll get a lot of ideas.

yes it was benign and 95% removed using thermal-ablation (hot water in the uterus). I say 95% because there is still a part of it and uterine lining inside my uterus. I have an appt. with the Gyn on it as my periods are a flippen mess again..lol---I would say I am falling apart at this point. but the colon issues started in my 20's. diarriah to constipation...bloating and gas...nausea to vomiting..and every dr. telling me it was nothing to just ibs and quit eating fried foods.. When I went organic, it seemed that I felt great, makes me wish I hadn't moved because I was quit spoiled in being able to go down the road and get all the fresh organic and natural foods my heart desired and now I am scouring the internet to find food.

I do want to say thank you all for being here to help..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Get a copy of Dr. Lee's book - I have What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause. Read it. Consider trying natural progesterone cream to help with your cycles and the mass.

When you go to the doctor, ask for a full celiac panel. See what the results are and go from there.

Archived