• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Leaky Gut/elimination Diet Thoughts/help

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Been awhile since I visited the forum. But I need some help. My history in a nutshell: I've been gluten-free 5 1/2 years, DF on and off for the past few years (and off for good the past month), following a paleo diet for the past 6 months, also avoiding a few other foods (see my signature). I feel like the paleo is working for me in some ways - I feel stronger, I'm slimming down a bit (not exercising much, and I know that would help).

However, I feel like I have been having some sort of stomach pain/cramping/bloating/constipation/diarrhea (and possibly related occasional joint pain/headaches) every day for the past month or two. I've tried eliminating suspect foods, but nothing seems to work.

The more I read about leaky gut, the more I think I need to explore it. My husband also keeps telling me I need to do an elimination diet to figure out what's bothering me. The problem is, I don't think I'm eating any one thing consistently enough to pinpoint it as a source. Hence the need for a very restricted diet.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice? Any good websites that detail an elimination diet for leaky gut? Also, is a cleanse/detox something I should look at prior to starting the diet?

Thanks so much!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

On the paleo diet, I have eliminated red meat, pork, coconut and broccoli (the last two I was already avoiding, but lots of paelo people eat them a lot). Basically, I'm eating fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, veggies, and a little bit of fruit. Occasionally will have some dark chocolate (dairy free).

Are you getting fat and probiotic foods? Our family does the GAPS diet which is aimed at creating a good gut flora balance. It wouldn't be a huge departure from the paleo way of eating. On the blog linked from my profile I have a series of posts outlining the intro. Google for more! I highly recommend the book.