• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Please Help Me So Confused - Test Result Questions

6 posts in this topic

bekkaz    0

I will not go into my very very long story and symptoms list yet. I just had some blood testing done. IGA TTG. The nurse just called me back and told me it's showing negative. She is saying the range is 0-19 for a postive and my IGA was 6. That is the only number she had to give me. I have a call back in to her to ask what the total was, also asked to have the dr. call me back. In the meantime my blood tests showed high white blood cell count (this has been elevated for as long as I can remember and they never seem to know why) I also showed high for immflamation. I also had a complete GI Profile done with my functional medicine dr about a year ago now. That testing was done with (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) and says the following:

Fecal SIgA 108 Ithink this is the range over on the side (5-161 mg/dl)

Anti-Gliadin SIgA 6.2 (<=21.4 mg/dl)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

bekkaz    0

Symptoms

Bloating (looks like I am 4-5 months pregnant after eating)

Gas

Constipation

Anxiety

Fatigue

Coughing after eating

Elevated White Blood Cell Count

Elevated Inflammation found in blood test

+2 yeast/fungal overgrowth found in fecal test

Triglycerides High in fecal testing

PH low in fecal testing

Major Bladder pains possible IC starting, bladder spasms

Sinuses Stuffy almost always

I have noticed that it seems certain places I eat with get me very sick. Like double over ER cramps. From Red Robin, sometimes from Movie theatre popcorn/butter. I am not sure if something is in the grease bothering me at the restrants or what.

TMJ

Migraines

I have been to several Gyno Dr's, GI Dr, Naturopath, Functional Medicine, Kinesiology, Urology, Family Medicine.

What are the best tests to have done to find out about other intolerances to food?

As a side note my daughter who is 2 had a severe outbreak of hives Urticaria that lasted 9 weeks straight this summer. Finally clearing up. I notice that when she eats certain things she tends to start to get them back. Possible triggers tomatos, chocolate, peanuts.

Skylark    935

With the yeast/fungal overgrowth, low pH, and malabsorption I imagine you'll show rather a lot of sensitivities. It doesn't sound like celiac is your problem, although you should probably be off both dairy and grains for a time. With all the fungus and yeast, your GI tract will not work properly. Food chemicals get into your bloodstream, causing intolerance and inflammation. The problem chemicals go out your kidneys into your bladder, where they cause pain and cystitis while they sit there all night. Opiate-like peptides from milk and gluten mess up your immune system too.

Has your naturopath talked about addressing the yeast overgrowth with probiotics and diet? Your daughter may need something similar because if your gut bacteria are messed up, that's what she got too.

Roda    186

It doesn't look like you had a full celiac pannel done only the tTG. It includes: Total IgA (to validate the IgA testing), IgA/IgG tTG(tissue transglutaminase antibody), IgA/IgG DGP(deamidated gliadin peptide), IgA EMA(endomysial antibody), and if the newer DGP test isn't available(some labs don't perform it), then IgA/IgG AGA(anti gliadin antibody). Your symptoms could be from gluten intolerence or celiac, but could be from something else also. I would request the other tests to be done. Looks like you need to address the yeast overgrowth. My youngest had a bad case of intestinal yeast overgrowth, thrush, and skin yeast infection in the diaper region as a baby. It took awhile to get him over it. He had to take medicine both orally and topically. He has also been on probiotics since a baby too.

bekkaz    0

Thanks to both you of you for the reply's. I didn't think I had celiac probably, but I did want him to do the FULL panel, which he did not! My Functional Medicine Dr. feel's that based off of the GI Profile I would be considered intolerant. These yeast/fungal overgrowth the GI Dr. pretty much laughed at, and asked me how much money I spent on that. He said there are thousands of bacteria

Ads by Google:

Skylark    935

It's a vicious cycle. The intolerance and yeast overgrowth produces inflammation, which makes the "leaky gut" and intolerance worse. You have to get off wheat and other foods that are causing problems, and you have to re-establish healthy bacteria in your gut.

I would strongly suggest you go onto GAPS diet. http://www.gapsdiet.com It is designed to shift your gut back towards healthy bacteria. You do have to be willing to cook, because it's fairly restrictive. It's NOT permanent, but you may be doing it for much longer than six weeks (Dr. Campell-MacBride says up to 2 years). You may never tolerate large amounts of refined sugar and starch. Once the yeast gets going, it's a lifelong battle to keep it at bay.

If you tend to "fall off the wagon" on a tough diet you may be able to speed things up with diflucan. Nystatin is also used for GI yeast but it won't help your bladder. Be aware that you still have to limit sugars and carbs and take the probiotics to keep the yeast from growing right back. I personally strongly prefer natural measures to drugs.

Also if there is mold in your home, have tested to be sure it isn't a dangerous one. Black mold is rare but it can cause all sorts of health problems.