• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
bigbird16

Can A Word Search Puzzle Give You D?

Rate this topic

My supervisor popped a word search book into my inbox this morning, because she knows I like puzzles of various types. I opened up the book and laughed. The first search is entitled "About Bread" with words like croissant, durum, malt, spelt, wonder, etc. :lol: (Although rye isn't listed to find, I found it.)

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Maybe there's one on alcohol & you can get drunk! :)

• Upvote 1

Maybe there's one on alcohol & you can get drunk! :)

Tequila across, crown royal down, whiskey diagonal backwards . . . woohooo!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Ads by Google:

Tequila across, crown royal down, whiskey diagonal backwards . . . woohooo!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

now we're talking.... :lol: :lol:

I had champagne for my Bday last week--- the first alcohol in two years and it was delicious......here's to healing! yaaay!

• Upvote 1

now we're talking.... :lol: :lol:

I had champagne for my Bday last week--- the first alcohol in two years and it was delicious......here's to healing! yaaay!

I think champagne is very healing!

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Marcos

• Topics

• Turkey, vacuum pack it, you can use it later for soups, stews, sandwiches, omelettes etc. Will keep for months in the freezer

Dressing,
      You can use it in various ways my fun thing to do with it is moisten it back up a bit and load it into a waffle maker these can then be frozen or eaten when ever, dressing and sausage flavored waffles are AWESOME.
      Other leftovers can be put in a icecube tray and froze these cubes can be kept in a bag in the freezer, they are perfect for just putting a few in a bowl and zapping in the microwave later for quick meal, I love stir frying them in with eggs.

Gravy, Gravy can be frozen in icecube trays, and kept in bags, you can then put these over bread, mash, etc and melt them over them later in the microwave or use in a soup like a stock to add flavor.

Most Desserts can be frozen but around here I have hardly ever had any last the next week.

Mashed potatoes, again these can be loaded into icecube trays frozen and kept in bags for quick reheat and use meals. Goes great in soups later to thicken them up. Green beans, after thanksgiving....you might want a new flavor thankfully the green beans can be incorporated into another cuisines using spices, in a soup or stir fried Asian style in coconut secret teriyaki sauces.
      Casserole dishes honestly freeze quite well in may cases, I have not had many survive the next week but often you can top them other other cuisine spices or sauces and fry them up in a skillet or reheat in a bowl for something different.  
    • Appreciate the thorough responses.    The stomach issues have been dreadful the past few weeks and brought hurrendous awakenings.the worst I have slept in a long time. I have had a few gluten foods in all honest. Maybe a mcdonalds twice in 2 months. Which isnt ideal. But I dont seem to feel anything afterwards (terrible excuse I know)  My biggest worries were my memory and cognitive behaviour! I was in London Bridge station and forgot where I was heading for 15 minutes. My memory is terrible, as is the concentration. So its a bit of a battle at the minute and I am flunking in my new job. I feel like as you said, neurologically I have deteriorated. Wit and brain function out the window. Considering I was a pretty switched on person. Balance and diziness at points. (all this on a gluten free diet after 4 months triggered me too my mcdonalds binge) ha ha.  I think the memory was the worst.    As you said about the brit medical side being useless. I think you are correct. I understand its the NHS and free etc. But this is just not considered a worry. Ive considered pulling myself into A and E this past few weeks because of the pain and I know this is the only way anyone will give me a thorough look over. I was also sent for a bone scan ( no reasoning as to why) But from research it seems to be for searching the nutrients in the bone?    Neurological side has been really i think what has been the toughest. My job requires an awful lot of high concentration and memory. Which when I fail at, causes stress, and then I am caught in the vicious cycle! Thanks for the help guys. Nice to meet some fellow people who can relate. I just feel like celiacs seem to know more then the doctors, which shows primitive practice in order to solve it. Once again, I would never know the NHS or doctors. I understand free health care is health care. But how low on the list this is, is a worry.    
    • I get vomiting with large amounts of gluten, and motion control loss, followed by either Diarrhea or constipation for a week was back in June 2016 when I decided to eat at a new place, I was on my floor unable to move vomiting so hard there was blood in it.
      NOW trace amounts I have gotten sense then and confirmed via Nima Gluten sensor then following lab testing have show that for me I get constipation, gas, bloat, and nerve issues with fog and peripherally neuropathy. The vomiting was missing from stuff confirmed at 6ppm, but obvious other nerve and fog issues were apparent (I kept dropping stuff and walking into things, mind kept on wondering and having those what was I doing moments, topped with backed up to hell with painful gas)
      Everyone is a little different and symptoms seem to change and evolve with time and type/form of exposure. I used to get a angry Mr, Hyde rage mode, and weeks of constipation and I used to not have the motor loss issues just brain fog and looping thoughts. It changes

The cause is mostly due to your antibodies going up and your immune system attacking your own body, where it attacks, how, and to what degree greatly varies and after a exposure it can take weeks to wind down off the response and for the antibodies to go down. Just giving a basic idea here.

Once you get exposed all you can do is treat the symptoms and wait it out, up supplementation of b vitamins, magnesium etc. Take pepto, or Imodium depending on what you have, teas and bone broths and try to eat easy to digest foods for the next week, Mushed up, blended, purreed, stewed/steamed super soft foods.
    • Hi everyone,  Once again I am here looking for your help. I was diagnosed with Celiac less than a year ago. It took quite a while to find out because I didn't experience any particular symptoms after eating gluten. I was always tired, had memory problems and was frequently ill; sometimes I had gastrointestinal issues, but they came and went.  Last night I went out for dinner, to a Thai place I trust(ed). Later, I could hardly sleep, I had horrible nightmares, those where you can hardly tell apart when you are awake or not. I expected to have high fever but nothing!  Today all my body aches, I am very tired and was nauseated all day. A little bit gasy and bloated as well.. Was I glutened?? Did I already clean my body enough that I now start to react in this fashion? If so, why does that happen?  There is also gastroenteritis going around, that would be the alternative explanation. I thought I excaped it. I also didn't vomit or have diahrrea like the rest.  What do you think?
    • With a positive EMA and a positive tTg, that is a slam dunk for Celiac Disease.  If you read about testing results, the odds are 99% that you have it. You also had very high numbers on your testing so that adds to the diagnosis.  At this point, the biopsy, if you have it done, is to check for the amount of damage, and is not needed for a diagnosis. I declined the biopsy as I was very sick at diagnosis.  The doctor who ran my blood panel said there was no doubt I had it due to the high numbers on my blood work.  I have been gluten-free for 12 years and every single doctor I have ever seen since then, who whined about me not having the biopsy, shut up about it once they saw my initial blood work.  The difference in my health since going gluten free was nothing short of amazing. I am sure you will have the same results, once you go gluten free.
  • Upcoming Events