• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
Renee Michelle

New To The Forum

Rate this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Oops, I meant to welcome you to the forum, not "weldome" you, and couldn't figure out how to edit. Soorry abou that! :o

Hi Renee, I am Michelle from Perth WEstern Australia and am also new to the forum. I am same as you are. Gluten, lactose and I am lucky enough to have hit the jackpot with rheumatoid arthritis as well. I was diagnosed with celiac about 1 year ago now. I was so sick and dizzy all the time and the doctors thought I was nuts. Got sick of telling people something was wrong. Unfortunately, it took about 6 months on a very strict gluten free dairy free diet before I felt well again. Now everything is basically back to normal although a few triggers still for irritable bowel. Unfortunately, I trusted my mother to make a gluten free cabbage salad over christmas and she repeated the recipe for me to take to my mother inlaws for new years. Between all the helpings I had and leftovers next days for lunch, I was in heaven until a couple of days ago and now I am so ill again. All the previous ailments along with tremors and swollen lips. Just found out she uses a whole pack of wheat noodles in every salad so now I have to ride it out again probably for a week or two. Its never easy but I find that a tiny slip of unknown gluten is not a real drama but obviously 5 or 6 helpings are. I hope you make sure you get some good books on the topic. It helped me a lot. Most things that I ate before, I could modify to suit gluten-free but I really miss cheese. Vegetarian cheese is horrible. Good luck with everything. I hope all goes smoothly for you now you are diagnosed. Regards Michelle