This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ultram 50 Mg

TiaMichi2

TiaMichi2 Apprentice

Good day, I have just been prescribed Ultram 50mg, for symptoms of Fibromialgia (I probably misspelled it). Is it gluten-free, and if anyone has or is taking it could you tell me if it works. I do not really want to add another medication to my list. :blink:

Thanks,

Miriam :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Hi! I, too, was diagnosed with FMS and was prescribed Ultram 50 and titrated up to 200 mg. When I took 200 mg it slightly took the edge off but barely. Thankfully I had zero side effects but it was like taking candy as far as results went. But much of my pain results from an accident four years ago and subsequent muscle wasting due to inactivity. I am trying to strengthen my muscles and it is very hard work. My body is a mess. Tried injections, laser, acupuncture, chiro (when something goes out), have massage weekly, PT and on and on. It has been a long and expensive four years.

When I last checked Ultram IS gluten free BUT I would advise you to check with your pharmacist to be sure because formulations and suppliers can change quickly.

I hope that Ultram works for you! It does work for many but did so little for me that I went off it and am now on the muscle relaxant Flexeril together with the analgesic Lyrica. I finally notice a difference in my pain level and I am sleeping better (used to wake up about 50 times per night due to pain). I have tried over 25 kinds of painkillers, opioids, you name it - nothing did a single thing until now. Hope this is the right combo for me! As soon as I am able I am going to go off meds as I do not like to be on them, either, but for now I am so thrilled that something is finally working for me!

Good luck! I really hope you find relief. It is great to feel somewhat better and have more energy to do more which equates to more physical activity which enables one to build muscle and get stronger.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I've taken it too, and I was fine with it.

I had been misdiagnosed with Fibromyalgia and it was really Celiac.

So I can't say it helped me that much....but then I didn't really have Fibromyalgia.

It was gluten free when I checked but do check each time.

My Fibromyalgia went away the longer I was gluten free.

mushroom Proficient

I have taken Ultram successfully in the past, following surgery. But when I took it recently (out of RA meds during a flare - had to take Paracetamol during the day, but could not take any more due to dosage limitations to get me through the night -- and tried using Ultram, the pain actually intensified rather than decreased :blink:.) Fat lot of good that did. Obviously it was not the right med for the job - well, the paracetemol wasn't either, but any port in a storm :rolleyes: Anyway, soon set sail from the Ultram port. Had no gluten issues.

TiaMichi2 Apprentice

Thank you all for the info. It has been very helpful, and I really appreciate it.

This pain started for me 4 years ago, when I had late onset of Gluten sensitivity, after eliminating all the Gluten from my life, those issues went away, but this pain remained. I have Orthopedic issues to begin with; Scoliosis and was born with a dislocated left hip. I just found out I have Osthoarthritis on my thoracic back and also bursitis of my left hip. Having blood work done later on the week to find out if in fact it is FMS. I've been taking Tylenol Arthritis, and Flexeril when it gets really bad, so far this works some, also went the Chiropractic route for a bit, did not really work. The best so far has been Physical Therapy, Ultrasound and Massage.

What I miss the most is the dancing, I use to dance 3 times a week, that has been on hold for a while, but I will get there someday, maybe at a lot lesser pace, but I will :D

love2travel Mentor

What I miss the most is the dancing, I use to dance 3 times a week, that has been on hold for a while, but I will get there someday, maybe at a lot lesser pace, but I will :D

Good for you! I appreciate that you are still full of hope and passion about things you love. :)

I, too, refuse to allow my pain to prevent me from doing things I love, too, like cooking up a storm every day. Sure, things take longer, but I get it done. :D

Archived