This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Outdoor Temperature Today?

love2travel

love2travel Mentor

Brrr...it is a frigid -36F at the moment and the windchill takes it down to -46F. The schools and buses are still running, much to the chagrin of some kids! Tomorrow the windchill is said to be -51F!!!

What is it like in your neck of the woods?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Its 59 and climbing!

Feels great - it was cloudy and rainy for a few days.

kareng Grand Master

It was 67F here in KC yesterday. Today it's 28 with wind chill of 15. That's normal but we have been have lots of warmer days lately. Supposed to be in the 50 s by the weekend.

Jestgar Rising Star

About 36 and snowing/raining

IrishHeart Veteran

My day started at 1 degree but now, it's "sneeting" (snow / sleet) and the sky is battleship gray and it's about 37.

Wood stove is pumping. :)

This is NOT a normal winter in the Great Northeast--no snow! But no one is complaining except the ski resort owners.

sora Community Regular

It's -4 and -10 wind chill. It's sneeting here too. <_<

It was -28 Sunday night and our heat went out.

Adalaide Mentor

This is NOT a normal winter in the Great Northeast--no snow! But no one is complaining except the ski resort owners.

And my brother's fiance. For some sick reason she loves the snow.

Another sunny day here, about 35 or so. Not exactly winter coat weather, I feel like I wasted my money on my new wool coat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

And my brother's fiance. For some sick reason she loves the snow.

Another sunny day here, about 35 or so. Not exactly winter coat weather, I feel like I wasted my money on my new wool coat.

I could certainly put your coat to use - yours and about 100 more layers might just do it! These temperatures are downright dangerous. Right now the windchill is -50F. Gross!

Booghead Contributor

I agree with Irish, here it is unseasonable warm. They are making fake snow at the ski resorts because of all the money they are losing. The fake snow is no where as good as They Greatest Snow on Earth.

It is currently 33 F, we are expecting many snow storms in the next week. Unfortunately we don't get school canceled unless we are snowed in. I here of places that get an inch of snow and they cancel school for a week.

sa1937 Community Regular

I could certainly put your coat to use - yours and about 100 more layers might just do it! These temperatures are downright dangerous. Right now the windchill is -50F. Gross!

I honestly don't know how you can stand it! That's downright brutal!

Yesterday it got up to a highly unusual 54

love2travel Mentor

I honestly don't know how you can stand it! That's downright brutal!

Yesterday it got up to a highly unusual 54

IrishHeart Veteran

Yeah, Syl--what say you?? :lol:

Take the ridiculously freezing cold for some good eats??

Jestgar Rising Star

Snowstorm. :) Seattle has shut down.

Nobody call

IrishHeart Veteran

Snowstorm. :) Seattle has shut down.

Nobody call

Bundle up, Jess! and please, for the love of mike!... don't send it EAST... :lol: we're having a Bizarrely dry winter for a change.

IrishHeart Veteran

It's 33 and the wind is whipping around like mad. Whoops, there goes the bird feeders.......is that a cow flying by???

be right back..........okay, that was insane out there! BRRR

It's so breezy, even my cat, the whackadoodle who likes to be outside no matter what, just came in and said "man, it's too windy even for ME" and promptly fell asleep by the fire.

Gonna be a long lazy day inside I see.

:)

love2travel Mentor

Yeah, Syl--what say you?? :lol:

Take the ridiculously freezing cold for some good eats??

Yeah, Syl, come on - I DARE ya! :lol::lol: A little wind and cold won't hurt ya! :lol:

love2travel Mentor

It's 33 and the wind is whipping around like mad. Whoops, there goes the bird feeders.......is that a cow flying by???

be right back..........okay, that was insane out there! BRRR

It's so breezy, even my cat, the whackadoodle who likes to be outside no matter what, just came in and said "man, it's too windy even for ME" and promptly fell asleep by the fire.

Gonna be a long lazy day inside I see.

:)

Sooooooo...right now it is -36F AND windy so it is rather unpleasant. The windchill is a lovely -51F! I am not even going to walk four houses down to get our mail because in these temps flesh can freeze in 90 seconds.

Enjoy snuggling with your whackadoodle cat indoors today! I am making yummy cinnamon buns for our celiac meeting tonight. I am excited because you actually KNEAD and ROLL OUT the dough! I am going to add extra brown sugar and butter and toasted pecans because I love the gooey stuff most. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

I am excited because you actually KNEAD and ROLL OUT the dough! I am going to add extra brown sugar and butter and toasted pecans because I love the gooey stuff most. :P

All right, you temptress, knock it off!!

I gain weight just reading your darn posts :lol:

and the drooling on the keyboard??.. well, that's just soooo attractive and classy :lol:

love2travel Mentor

All right, you temptress, knock it off!!

I gain weight just reading your darn posts :lol:

and the drooling on the keyboard??.. well, that's just soooo attractive and classy :lol:

Temptress. That is so funny! It almost sounds alluring and mysterious and seductive. (I cannot find a smiley to adequately describe that.)

The drooling is fine as long as you are alone. If someone else is in the room or if you are in a public place such as a library it may be a different story. :P That is the closest to drooling. Just mentally add some saliva to the little face.

Jestgar Rising Star
droolin.gif
IrishHeart Veteran

droolin.gif

I KNEW you would find one, J :lol: :lol: :lol:

love2travel Mentor

droolin.gif

That is AWESOME! IH, is that closer to how you look? :lol:

Anyway, it is so cold here that if we were to drool outside for some reason the drool would instantly freeze into icicles that we would have to break off our faces. Our eyelashes literally do freeze and it is weird blinking like that.

IrishHeart Veteran

You mean,

it's so cold, the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets? :lol:

it's okay for me to say that... I was married to one once <_< and almost became one myself)

love2travel Mentor

You mean,

it's so cold, the lawyers have their hands in their own pockets? :lol:

it's okay for me to say that... I was married to one once <_< and almost became one myself)

Now that is BRILLIANT! And you are spot on. I will have to tell my husband that - he deals with lawyers on a daily basis and will love it.

sa1937 Community Regular

Yeah, Syl, come on - I DARE ya! :lol::lol: A little wind and cold won't hurt ya! :lol:

I know the food would be good. Ummm...yes the wind and cold will hurt me!!! I don't want to feel like a popsicle!

So...Thanks, but no thanks!!! :P

Archived