This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pop-secret Microwave Popcorn

HAPPY DOG SUZ

HAPPY DOG SUZ Enthusiast

B) Aloha,

I just bought some pop-secret microwave homestyle popcorn made w/real butter and salted. I think pop-secret is ok? it's made by General mills I didn't see anything odd in the ingredients except natural and artificial flavors.

Does anyone know? Thanks, Suzanne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast
B) Aloha,

I just bought some pop-secret microwave homestyle popcorn made w/real butter and salted. I think pop-secret is ok? it's made by General mills I didn't see anything odd in the ingredients except natural and artificial flavors.

Does anyone know? Thanks, Suzanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

General Mills will not hide anything so if it didn't say wheat,rye,barley,oats on the label it's safe.

lovegrov Collaborator

Supposedly somewhere out there there is one mega butter flavor of one popcorn that isn't gluten-free, but other than that all the popcorns I've ever checked or heard about have been gluten-free. Pop Secret is gluten-free.

richard

elonwy Enthusiast

I do not believe the Smart Balance Microwave popsorn is gluten-free. THey would not confirm, and when I ate it anyway I got pretty sick. According to the Delphi lists, All ORville except the Caramel pour-on or the BBQ kind is gluten-free. All ACT II is gluten-free. All JIffy POp and JOlly Time is gluten-free.

HTH

Elonwy

HAPPY DOG SUZ Enthusiast

:D Thank You!!

Can't wait to pop some up! Suzanne

• 4 years later...
Tziolas Newbie

You have all been such a blessing to us through our daughter's experience with Celiacs. It is a honor to be able to give back even if just a tiny bit.

Well long story short, we just had our first gluten attack in about a year and it was 100% from Pop Secret Homestyle Popcorn.

Popped in a movie and popped some corn and whammo.....within 30 mins, the burping and stomach pain began.

Good news is that it must be a tiny tiny amount (we guess, please be gentle, we are still learning) as she only had the reaction for about 20 mins and she is now fine.

We thought a shot of gluten after a year without would be much worse than it was.

Same exact attack as she was getting (style wise, burping, massive gas and style of pain) when we didn't know it was Celiacs and just kept giving her cheeseburger happy meals. Ouch!! Insert bad parent guilt here. :(

Anyway, even if many have not had a reaction, please be aware we had one on Pop Secret Homestyle microwave tonight.

Here's hoping for a cure someday.

Archived