• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

New Problem Since Diagnosis

4 posts in this topic

Googles    27

I hate noticed a new problems since I was diagnosed. Since then when I get a stomach illness (not glutening) I have a period where I am nauseous in the morning for a while afterwards. It happens every day in the morning. I feel nauseous and sometimes throw up. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into this. Last year when this happened it lasted for 3 mos. I was sick earlier this year and it lasted a couple of days. I was sick Tuesday and Wednesday and it happened this morning (what I first thought was a continuation of the illness). This never happened before I was diagnosed, so it seems like it has to be celiac related in some way.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

kwylee    49

May not be related for you, or could be a different food item you are eating, but the same thing happened to me and turned out to be a probiotic I was taking that contained soy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Faolán

• Topics

• When items have multiple ingredients it can be hard to tell to which we are reacting.  That gluten reactions can be delayed can also make it difficult and at times confusing. I would have random reactions at first and keeping a food and symptom diary helped a great deal. For myself the common item was soy but it took a few weeks to realize that was what was making me ill and I never would have been able to pinpoint it without the diary. I know this wasn't very helpful but I hope you are feeling much better soon.
    • They do a breath test, in some cases they can identify it in extreme cases visually if it has spread to the mouth like thrush or viewable on a scope.
    • Keep a food diary and record everything you eat, condiments, how it is fixed etc. You might have a CC cuplrit and find it this way. Also with this disease it is common to develop random intolerance issues and allergies to foods. If you get glutened depending on your symptoms you can do some things to get over them faster. They make a enzyme to break down gluten, will not stop the antibodies and not cure bit it helps with some of the gut issues to pass faster.  Teas, bone broth, plenty of liquids, and easy to digest foods, everyone is different on what these might be (for me nut flour/butter porridge as I have carb/grain issues). Pepto bismal, for most issues, Imodium for D, Magnesium Calm for C. You might want to help your supplements a bit, as during a glutening your going ot have more issues with absorption. Doctors Best and or Natural vitality Calm magnesium. Calm is a citrate and can be a bit rough on your gut so you have to start off at 1/4 tsp and slowly up the dose. Under times of stress your magnesium levels can really drop so this works wonders. Look up Liquid Health Stress & Energy and Neurological Support try 1tbsp each 3 times a day....that and hte magnesium will really work wonders with making the old happy guy you normally are. Under extreme issues I also turn to CBD oil and eat plenty of hemp and pumpkin seeds from GERBS allergen Friendly foods.
    • So sorry you are going through this set back. You say you are getting glutened from random uncontrollable cross contamination.  What are the things that you think you are getting CC from? Are you consuming oats? If so you may want to drop those for a bit. Are you drinking distilled gluten grain alcohols (safe for most but some of us will react) or some of the gluten removed beers? Some of us are sensitive to those. Do you have a significant other who is a gluten eater? If you are then do be aware they need to brush teeth before you can kiss. If you can tell us a bit more about what you think is getting you and what you are eating on a regular basis we may be able to help you find ways to avoid CC. Have you had a repeat blood panel to see if your antibodies are down? If not it would be a good idea.
    • Hi guys, I had a really bad reaction to a certain brand of kefir yesterday. The reaction was neurological and I think it must have been an accidental glutening or an allergic reaction to an additive. The problem is I don’t know which ingredient had caused it. I was wondering if anyone has experienced a negative reaction to any of the following ingredients:      Locust bean gum E410 Apricot puree (further unspecified) Glucose fructose syrup Citric acid E330 Sodium citrate E331 Paprika extract E160c   I haven't listed the rest of the ingredients because they seem to be ok: e.g. milk, sugar.  Thanks
  • Upcoming Events