• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Elevated Ttg On Enterolab Test

1 post in this topic

I am wondering about the significance of an elevated tTG fecal test from EnteroLab.

When my frequent, loose bowel movements turned into diarrhea almost two years ago, I immediately thought of celiac because my son had a celiac diagnosis as a baby (outgrew it?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CrystalZ

• Topics

• Thanks Barry. It's just up the road from me and it's a place I know very well. Some of my family were there last week for a gig, it's a frightening thought.  You are most definitely not alone and you've found a good site. There are a lot of accounts on here which helped me join the dots and work out what was happening with my own reaction to gluten. The move to a new job may not be coincidental btw, additional stress is linked to changes in celiac presentation. In women pregnancy can bring it about. It makes it easy to dismiss it as stress related. If you've found the answer now you can look forward to healing and hopefully some unexpected health dividends if it's affecting you in multiple ways. I stopped eating gluten and found near immediate relief from brain fog and a lightening of depression. What I didn't count on was the disappearance of chronic back pain that I'd had off an on for many years. There were a lot more examples like that as my time on the gluten-free diet progressed.  The rheumatoid pain in my hand went too. I put together an faq for the diagnostic side awhile back which may be of some additional help. or at least offer some good links to further reputable info:  
    • Microwave potatoes are filling. 6 minutes on 50% power then turn and another 6 minutes . For large sweet potatoes increase the to 8  each side. Canned gluten-free salmon, tuna etc with minute rice ready microwaveable. Libbys makes peas and green beans gluten-free naturals canned. Arrowhead Mills makes instant breakfast rice and shine as well as quinoa rice and shine, just add water and microwave. Instructions say stove top but 1/4 cup with 3/4 water microwave 4 minutes, with paper towel over top to catch water overflow. Eggs are great scrambled in microwave too. Stir up 2 eggs. Put in ceramic mug. Cover microwave 2 minutes.  Look for gluten free rice crackers too. Fresh fruit or gluten-free dried fruit. gluten-free nuts and seeds.  Survival tip, eggs need no refrigeration if you coat them with mineral oil when raw. Can last month's this way, Google it.
    • Saturday was the symptoms I have been feeling amplified big time:  Terrible nausea, head ache, dizziness, stomach gurgling, fatigue. And the constipation/strange BMs.  Wasn't prepared for that one.  I sort of took Sunday off and felt a bit better, now the dizziness is ramping up again.  I'm planning on taking a break once a week. Hopefully that's ok.  I do have an appointment with a GI for June 7th. There were no openings until mid July when I called and while I was speaking to the nurse someone must have cancelled and so I grabbed the early June appointment.  But this is all like deja vu. This is exactly how I would feel growing up and most of my life.   Headache, dizzy, nausea.  And the sores on the roof of my mouth!  Ugh. 
    • Also, can I buy the udi's and keep them in the fridge, or do they need to be frozen? 
    • Ennis_TX Thanks so much for your reply.  I am just not prepared to go through the medical procedures required to confirm I have it. I will just have to be satisfied in knowing that I feel better avoiding gluten. My wife recently began working with a gal that does have full blown, and did have the biopsy and everything, and now she is passing lots of advice to me through my wife. Your experiances do seem to be similar to mine. I have the mental stuff and the tingly fingers too! AS you know, there are just SO many side effects, it easy to confuse it with any number of other diseases/food intolerances. Thanks again and keep up the good work! 
  • Upcoming Events