This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Testing Results

Cate K

Cate K Rookie

Well now I am stumped. I have been going along thinking that there will be no way that my blood work will come back normal. I guess on that I was partially correct.

My blood results showed low iron levels, and the presence of AC anti-actin. (My results are in French so I don't have a literal translation). and the fecal test showed high levels of fat. I had thought for sure that the Ac anti-endomysium and the IgA & G would show positive but they came back within normal levels.

From what I read about the tests on the internet the presence of AC anti-actin would be more likely to indicate autoimmune hepatitis.

My doctor has suggested that I have the biopsy done but for me that means a trip to either Singapore or Thailand. He has no experience whatsoever with Celiac Disease. I guess given the other possible outcomes it is probably worth the trip to obtain a firm diagnosis - one way or the other - but it sure will be one expensive biopsy (I live in Saigon).

Any thoughts or experience with this? :(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kamma Explorer

Hi Cate,

Would it be more cost effective if you just took yourself off gluten for awhile and see how that made you feel? Some people require the medical diagnosis and some people are okay with seeing how they react off the gluten to confirm a diagnosis.

If you choose to just remove gluten, I would suggest being super strict to avoid cross contamination. That way you would absolutely be sure that it was gluten that was making you feel the way you do (or not).

Hope this helps.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Bayb
    Newest Member
    Bayb
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• Aussienae
      Mine is definitely triggered by inflammation and stress! I do also have arthritis in my spine, but the pain is more in my pelvic area. Im sure i have other food intolerances or other autoimmune isues but the more I focus on it and see doctor after doctor, it just gets worse.  Best thing is get of Gluten! (I also avoid lactose). Try to limit stress and anything that causes inflammation in your body.
    • ButWhatCanIEat
      Good morning,   I got an email about replies to this post. Some of my doctors had blamed a slipped disc for the pain I had and that contributes, but after meeting with a gastroenterologist AGAIN and trying some lifestyle modifications, I found out I have IBS and can't tolerate corn or excessive fructose to any degree. Cutting out corn AFTER having cut out all gluten containing products was a real pain but I feel much better now!
    • trents
      So, I contacted Scott Adams, the author of that article and also the creator/admin of this website, and pointed out to him the need to clarify the information in the paragraph in question. He has now updated the paragraph and it is clear that the DGP-IGA does serve the purpose of circumventing the false negatives that IGA deficiencies can generate in the tTG-IGA antibody test.
    • knitty kitty
      Here's a link... Thiamine Deficiency Causes Intracellular Potassium Wasting https://www.hormonesmatter.com/thiamine-deficiency-causes-intracellular-potassium-wasting/
    • Soleihey
      Has anyone experimenced enlarged lymph nodes with celiac? Both in the neck and groin area. Imaging of both areas have said that lymph nodes are reactive in nature. However, they have been present for months and just wondering how long this may take to go down. Been gluten-free for about two months. Blood counts are normal.