• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
Jnkmnky

Are Tootsie Roll's "dots" Gluten Free...?

Rate this topic

Their stupid web site tells you how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop but not if Dots contain gluten.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

So, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Haven't you seen the owl commercial? It's "thrrrrreee!"

Ads by Google:

If you e-mail them, they'll send you a list. I sent an e-mail about a year ago, so I wasn't going to respond with old information.

It is on the safe list from the celiacsociety.com. It was updated in July 2005. :)

Ads by Google:

Oh, thankyou, thankyou. :D My son usually only eats them at Halloween. I was making a class treat box for him and I bought them and saw MFS in the ingreds. Since it has been a year almost, I didn't trust them anymore and there's no phone number on this bag and no decent/useful info on their website. THANKS!

I don't know if it did in 2005 with this question was first posted, but as of now they state that none of their confections contain gluten. Tootsie Roll products are safe. Gross, but safe!