• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

• ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Cristiane

•  

• Topics

• Welcome to the community here. I am not Catholic, but have been a member here for many years, and a moderator for ten. This topic comes up from time to time. I am Episcopalian, similar in most beliefs. Talk to your priest. In my church, receiving one form of communion is sufficient to meet the obligation, so I usually just take the cup. I arrange with the priest to be first in line, lest the cup be contaminated from another communicant. For the wafer to qualify in the Roman Catholic Church, it must be made from wheat. There are some sources of low-gluten wafers, but I have no personal experience with the. The Episcopalian (Anglican) church allows a wafer that does not contain wheat.
    • At first I thought it was an infected or clogged (with a stone) salivary gland, but after taking a gander at my tongue late this afternoon, I see it is a large aphthous ulcer on the right side of my tongue, and it hurts. Any micro-movement, even, seems to cause pain. Swallowing is no fun. Eating lunch was a challenge, eating dinner tonight, much more painful - to such an extent that I'm not sure how breakfast will go tomorrow. Will I have to drink it? I have gotten frequent ulcers in the past, even the recent past. I have heard they can be caused by stress, autoimmunity, some ingredients in toothpaste (SLS) and possibly citrus. Before I realized the pain was coming from my tongue, when I thought it was salivary gland-related, I drank lots of raw lemon juice. Possibly the exact wrong thing. While eating dinner, I got another one on the other side, more toward the front and not as painful. Still, incredible. I just cleaned out CVS of anbesol, orajel mouthwash, and two different kinds of toothpaste without SLS. Does anyone have any thoughts? I feel sure I have not been "glutened" recently and am always doing my utmost to eat gluten-free. Plumbago
    • Hi, I am new here and I was diagnosed about a year ago with NCGS.  I am sensitive enough that I need my own toaster, my own jar of peanut butter, etc but I can drink the "de-glutened" beers that seem to bother some.  I have accepted that I can never again eat anything or anywhere new without scouring labels and Googling everything but there is one thing that still bothers me - I am Catholic.  The core of the Catholic Mass is Communion, which I can no longer have because it is made of unleavened wheat.  I get stressed every time I go up for Communion and cross my arms to get a gluten-free blessing because this is what is supposed to bring us together and I feel left out.  I read that there are some awesome nuns sonwhere that created a low-gluten host but I am wondering: (1) Has anyone tried this?, (2) How do you ensure that you get that and with no cross-containation?  I was thinking I might became an EMOHC and just always serve in that capacity so that I can ensure I get the right host untainted by the wheat versions.  I would love any and all advice.
    • I have very long hair, and I am ALWAYS moving it away from my mouth when eating, it ends up in my mouth a few strands at least once a day, And I brush it to the side with my hands at least once a hour......Gluten in a shampoo was a nightmare for CC issues, I know this cause the one I used to use prior to dia kept causing cc issues for my first few months trying to go gluten-free. Also if you wash your hair with a gluten containing shampoo then rinse....you just doused your entire body, hands and everything in it.....I would consider gluten containing shampoo to be 10x worse then say having it in cosmetics. I mean who is going to take the eyeliner near their mouth? (I would not use gluten in anything in my house anyway just a example)
  • Upcoming Events