Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free In Santa Cruz

7 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if any of you are in the Santa Cruz area. I am new to the gluten-free lifestyle and would love for you to show me the ways!

Ads by Google:

I'd like to know this too. Trader Joes has some things. That's all I know. Let me know what you learn.

I'd like to know this too. Trader Joes has some things. That's all I know. Let me know what you learn.

I know new leaf has some options and whole foods as well. Its going out to eat thats the problem though.

I live in the area and here are the tops on my list. I've been to many places that are accomodating and can't really say I've had many issues around here. Sushi is everywhere around here too...

Ideal Bar in Santa Cruz and Zelda's in Capitola (don't think they have a gluten free menu but certainly have lots of options and generally know what is and isn't (Ideal does a better job of knowing than Zelda's) - Lobster and butter sauce is gluten-free in Capitola

Hula's Island Grill - Marina and Santa Cruz

Dharma's - Santa Cruz

Saturn Cafe - Santa Cruz

Jia Tella's - Scotts Valley

Pizza (as always there is a risk of CC):

Pleasure Pizza - Capitola

Redwood Pizza - Felton

Tony & Albas - Scotts Valley

Janet,

Are you saying they all have a gluten-free menu in your list? I'm going there in two weeks. We are staying at the Dream Inn. Is there anything on the warf or near Dream Inn you'd suggest? Any Asian you know of that is safe? Thanks so much. That is a really good list.

Ads by Google:

I highly recommend Saturn Cafe. They are very health conscious there.

Janet,

Are you saying they all have a gluten-free menu in your list? I'm going there in two weeks. We are staying at the Dream Inn. Is there anything on the warf or near Dream Inn you'd suggest? Any Asian you know of that is safe? Thanks so much. That is a really good list.

With the exception of the Ideal, Zelda's and Hula's yes they all have gluten-free menus (most are online).

For Asian try Jia Tella (Cambodian). There are tons of sushi places around but I can't think of any with gluten-free soy sauce. I usually don't ask because I bring my own and eat sashimi. I haven't tried it but I've heard this place is good although their statement about the soy sauce is a little weird:

http://www.charlieho...enu/#glutenfree

I think most of the places I mentioned are on here - I'm not sure if they all have gluten-free menus though: http://www.urbanspoo...ruz-restaurants

The Ideal is on the boardwalk is near your hotel. I've also eaten at the Casablanca Inn which is close to you. You might be able to walk to the Saturn Cafe or Hula's. They are both in the area but I'm not sure how close to you...