• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Kissing

Rate this topic

10 posts in this topic

So I was just wondering. How likely is it that I can get glutened from kissing a girl who has not been eating or drinking recently. Is it possible to get it from her lip stick or make up. I would think that the amount of exposure I would get would be far below the recommended daily allowance of gluten exposure.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

There are a few threads on kissing here on celiac.com. put kissing in the search.

I have been glutened by kissing someone after they ate gluten.

Most people recommend gluten eaters brush before kissing Celiac partners.

You have to decide.

I didn't really believe kissing could gluten me.

I was rewarded with a huge migraine headache and nausea and D that lasted 2 days.

I am a believer now. I call it the Kiss of Death now.

My dp's friend stopped by tonight. He has torette's syndrome and likes to drink beer. DP and I are about the only people that treat him like normal, everyone else thinks he's a freak.

I let Denny kiss me on the face, we have big hugs and big kisses, but I know they're just planted on my cheeks. (I'm careful about letting him come close to my mucous membrane though.) Your mouth is a mucus membrane. :ph34r: You have to be beware.

I remember that this topic was covered in "Celiac Disease: The Unknown Epidemic" by Dr. Peter Green. I'm fairly certain he wrote that he felt it was unlikely to ingest enough gluten from a kiss, but acknowledged that lipstick is one of the most likely cosmetics to be ingested. That book was pretty good, by the way.

Ads by Google:

Lipstick would be more valid, rather that the last meal (unless it was immediate or really passionate)....IMHO :rolleyes:

Yea it makes a lot more sense. If you consider how mch gluten is in an ounce of bread and then realize how much is in a few milligrams of lipstick/past ingested food, it does not come close to the upper tolerance levels

Ads by Google:

Yea it makes a lot more sense. If you consider how mch gluten is in an ounce of bread and then realize how much is in a few milligrams of lipstick/past ingested food, it does not come close to the upper tolerance levels

If you find a girl you want to kiss more than once, buy her Merle Norman lipstick, or better yet get her a gift certificate and they'll pick the right shade of lipstick. It's gluten-free.

I have twin 5 year old girls who are likely to be confirmed Celiac this week. Thank goodness someone mentioned lipstick: 5 year olds have a way of going haywire with lipstick application. I've spent HOURS trying to find play makeup which is gluten free...and have now spent a CHUNK of money on adult lipstick to compensate for the fact that I'll have to clear out their play makeup this week! Poor kiddos: growing up so fast with a real illness...now real makeup...crazy! BTW I bought the 100% pure lip glosses :)

Big thanks for all the great discussions you all!

Yea I just figured out I was celiac three months ago. I am still nowhere near normal.

I have twin 5 year old girls who are likely to be confirmed Celiac this week. Thank goodness someone mentioned lipstick: 5 year olds have a way of going haywire with lipstick application. I've spent HOURS trying to find play makeup which is gluten free...and have now spent a CHUNK of money on adult lipstick to compensate for the fact that I'll have to clear out their play makeup this week! Poor kiddos: growing up so fast with a real illness...now real makeup...crazy! BTW I bought the 100% pure lip glosses :)

Big thanks for all the great discussions you all!

Ads by Google: