This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Hello

PatSch

PatSch Newbie

Hi, everyone! I am new to this site but was diagnosed in 1987 with gluten intolerance and then later with Celiac. I have a large family all of whom are either gluten intolerant or Celiac. Some follow the restrictions, some do not. As for me, I watch my foods and products like a hawk because the symptoms are so awful if disregarded.

I am glad to see that Las Vegas has a forum however, it does not look like it is very active.

As a family we are involved in health care in this community and work with a lot of gluten intolerant folks. Amazing how their lives feel "reborn" with just the elimination of gluten! I love sharing with others that there is another way to feel better and they are the ones responsible for how they feel by what they ingest! No one has to rely on someone else to make them feel better. We are all "in charge" of ourselves. Nice to know the responsibility lies within us.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sharilee Rookie

Welcome! I was diagnosed myself a month ago and since being gluten free I am feeling better and it is wonderful.

orange Newbie

Hi, everyone! I am new to this site but was diagnosed in 1987 with gluten intolerance and then later with Celiac. I have a large family all of whom are either gluten intolerant or Celiac. Some follow the restrictions, some do not. As for me, I watch my foods and products like a hawk because the symptoms are so awful if disregarded.

I am glad to see that Las Vegas has a forum however, it does not look like it is very active.

As a family we are involved in health care in this community and work with a lot of gluten intolerant folks. Amazing how their lives feel "reborn" with just the elimination of gluten! I love sharing with others that there is another way to feel better and they are the ones responsible for how they feel by what they ingest! No one has to rely on someone else to make them feel better. We are all "in charge" of ourselves. Nice to know the responsibility lies within us.

yr lines gave me hope , well i live in a country in civil war and it is not easy hard to explain but big thk u

orange Newbie

Welcome! I was diagnosed myself a month ago and since being gluten free I am feeling better and it is wonderful.

its good how u feel but remember it is not smooth graph going up there will be up and downs it is a dancing sort of progress one day u move forward next day it may be different story that is where u keep faith for better . it is better to acess (pl forgive my spelling as my english is poor )yourself after every 6 month than we find the difference .

take care n God Bless u

TIBZY Newbie

Hey everyone.. I'm also new here..I was diagnosed with celiac disease at the age 10.. Back then it was very hard as I didn't no much.. 14 years now.. And I am fine :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Welcome to you all. There can be ups and downs and it can be frustrating at times but the folks on this board are here to help you in any way they can. Ask any questions you need to and do feel free to vent if needed. We have members from all over the world so if you live in a country or area where eating gluten free can seem a bit daunting just ask what you need to ask and hopefully someone will be able to help.

I hope you all continue to improve.

DawnMarie127 Newbie

Hello ,

I am new here too.. need a place to chat where everyone understands what I am going through.. They all seem to think this is just no big deal.. Don't eat bread your good.. But I was on weight watchers and losing weight then this now I have to change everything again.. Grrrr!!

Now I think I am having Gluten withdrawl, bad headache and I keep snapping at people..

I love to cook for my family and went to taste the pasta out of habit and just started crying.. No one gets it!

That's it for now.. Thanks for listening..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

deltron80 Rookie

Welcome to the forums everyone!

yr lines gave me hope , well i live in a country in civil war and it is not easy hard to explain but big thk u

I always wonder what it's like for people living in food-limited places. When there is nothing to eat besides something with gluten, is it better to eat the poison or to starve??? :(

Hello ,

I am new here too.. need a place to chat where everyone understands what I am going through.. They all seem to think this is just no big deal.. Don't eat bread your good.. But I was on weight watchers and losing weight then this now I have to change everything again.. Grrrr!!

Now I think I am having Gluten withdrawl, bad headache and I keep snapping at people..

I love to cook for my family and went to taste the pasta out of habit and just started crying.. No one gets it!

That's it for now.. Thanks for listening..

It must be extremely difficult for you to adjust while also trying to cook for your family. Maybe try cooking some gluten-free dishes without even telling them it's gluten-free? Then everyone can enjoy the meal together.

ncallier Newbie

Hi! I too am both newly diagnosed and new to this forum. I am very glad to read your reactions to eliminating gluten from your diet. I have been gluten free for less than a month. At first, I thought my gi symptoms were gone for good, but I have days when they flare up again. I am being extremely careful, but it almost feels as though I am getting accidentally glutened. Anyone have any thoughts??

Archived