• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Psoriasis/dh Query

1 post in this topic

Hi, wondering as I am having a DH flare up and my psoriasis seems to be more 'active?' now, does anyone else notice a correlation between the two, or is it just coincidence?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JonDee

• Topics

• Thank you all so much.  It's so great to know there are people out there that have shared my experience. I was feeling quite alone in this. I could never believe that I just had anxiety, and that was that. There has to be a reason for my body to act this way. I feel validated,and hopeful and that's a huge thing for me. I'm going to see my doctor next week, and see what she thinks. I'm hopeful that with all my symptoms (anxiety, skin rashes for months, sensitivity to light|sound, headaches, vertigo, temper) she won't shrug me off. My mom has Crohn's disease so maybe a connection. Thanks again for your advice and your ear, it truly helps.
    • I do buy Plantar's nuts too.so if you are looking for peanuts, cashews, etc
    • I have bought nuts from other suppliers like these black walnuts that only process their nuts (no fancy flavorings...just these black walnuts): https://black-walnuts.com/ You do need to confirm that nuts are not processed on equipment shared with wheat if they are not certified gluten-free or in a shell by calling.  So, mostly, being lazy, I just order from Nuts.com.  
    • We were diagnosed with Diabetes first, but I think she already had celiac prior.   Our doctor told us that she has celiac only 3 months after diabetes.   Her TTG was off the chart high.   Our endo offered to formally diagnose her with celiac without the endoscopy, but I refused to believe she had celiac.   She had no symptoms.   An endoscopy confirmed it.   We went gluten free.  She still is a silent celiac.   We would never know about her celiac if it weren't for her type 1 diabetes.   They did all sorts of blood test on her.   I think her ttg was already off the chart high when she was first diagnosed with diabetes, but since the diabetes is so overwhelming at first, they simply waited 3 months before telling us about the celiac too.  I think this was a kind thing to do. Looking back, she did have a symptom, she stopped growing for a little over a year!   My daughter was always tall for her age, she was a huge toddler, 90th percentile.   One of the tallest kids in her class, then suddenly, I noticed that she became the shortest among all her friends.   At the time of her diagnosis, she was 10 years old, and was only 25th percentile in height.   She is 13 now, and is growing and gaining height.   She is about 5' 2" now.  So while she does not get sick with gluten, we take her gluten free diet very seriously.   Our TTG has been dropping continuously over the 3 years, and it is getting VERY close to be under normal range.   Just on the border, but not quite there...yet.
    • Funny story ediblejack, foodiespoon, and several other companies make edible utensil. While they do have a gluten-free line the primary lines all use  wheat. You might run into these market, party, sampling event, or have a foodie/ecocrazy friend who has them. I considered using the gluten-free ones for my bakery and sampling a few years back and did my research.
  • Upcoming Events