This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Could I Be Suffering From Cd?

Danijela

Danijela Contributor

I am new to this website and was wondering is anyone had any advice for me or if anyone can relate to any of the symptoms and things I have experienced.

I came across this website through a search engine. I have been suffering for about nine months with many different symptoms which my doctors are trying to pass off as an anxiety disorder (don’t buy it). Recently one of the doctors I’ve been seeing suggested that I may have celiac disease. I am about to go for a screening on Tuesday.

The symptoms I have been struggling with are:

Bloating after meals

Bad gas

Constipation and or diarrhea (no in-between)

Sweats (especially after eating)

Mental fog 2-3 hours after meals

Burning sensation in throat

Bone and muscle aches

Fatigue

Headaches in front of head almost behind eyes

Anemia

Issues with balance

Abdominal pain

Weakness

Hands swell

Major weight gain (30 pounds since April)

Unable to loose weight through exercise

Nervous and anxious at times

Irritable

also about any where from 3-5 hours after meals I experience what appears to be a hypoglycemic attack (dizzy spells, hunger, trembling, loss of concentration, cold sweats, palpitations, fatigue) I have been checked for hypoglycemia and have been assured that that is not the case, however this problem is quickly corrected with a glass of orange juice. <_<

I have been reading a lot about celiac disease since I heard about it a week ago and have read that it causes malabsorbtion of nutrients. Could this be causing my symptoms? Could I be suffering from malnutrition? These attacks after meals are also signs of insulin resistance. I also read that Celiac disease has a bad effect on the pancreas and that it causes the body to store alot of fat and quickly use up energy.

If anyone has any advice for me or has had any similar experiences I would appreciate a response

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jknnej Collaborator

Ummm, yes! Many of those symptoms are classic slgns of celiac disease. Good thing you're getting tested! It could also be something else but it definitely warrants a test for celiac disease!

I, too, had those weird hypoglycemic attacks but mine weren't helped with the ingestion of sugar. ???? Odd, right? They got better after I was gluten free for awhile.

Whatever you do, do NOT try the gluten free diet until a doctor diagnoses you with celiac disease through a biopsy. You need gluten in your system in order for the test to be accurate. Plus, after all you've been through, it will be worth it in the end for a correct diagnosis.

good luck and don't hesitate to ask us any questions. There is no topic off limits!

Jennifer:)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
The symptoms I have been struggling with are:

Bloating after meals

Bad gas

Constipation and or diarrhea (no in-between)

Sweats (especially after eating)

Mental fog 2-3 hours after meals

Burning sensation in throat

Bone and muscle aches

Fatigue

Headaches in front of head almost behind eyes

Anemia

Issues with balance

Abdominal pain

Weakness

Hands swell

Major weight gain (30 pounds since April)

Unable to loose weight through exercise

Nervous and anxious at times

Irritable

also about any where from 3-5 hours after meals I experience what appears to be a hypoglycemic attack (dizzy spells, hunger, trembling, loss of concentration, cold sweats, palpitations, fatigue) I have been checked for hypoglycemia and have been assured that that is not the case, however this problem is quickly corrected with a glass of orange juice.  <_<

I have been reading a lot about celiac disease since I heard about it a week ago and have read that it causes malabsorbtion of nutrients. Could this be causing my symptoms? Could I be suffering from malnutrition?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had every symptom you listed except the poor balance and the weight gain. The "attacks" you describe are exactly what I've been experiencing the last couple weeks. Its only happened about 3 times though. I just started a topic titled "extreme hunger" asking this same question. I do have malabsorption and was only dx'd a couple weeks ago. I was thinking it was caused by the malabsorption but I'm curious if it means my body is healing or if its a bad sign. I feel fine after I eat something.

Danijela Contributor

Thank you for your responses.

Has anyone noticed any problems with their blood pressure in relation to celiac disease ?

Danijela

Archived