• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
  • Celiac.com Sponsor:
    Celiac.com Sponsor:

Hiram, OH: G-Free Support

2 posts in this topic

I have found quite a few people suffering from Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs Disease on campus and wondered if there was interest in the area for establishing a support group. Or if anyone knows of a group that already exists in the Portage County area! Please leave a message if you live in the area and are interested!

Thanks all and God Bless!

Bonni

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I live in Portage County! I do not know of any groups, but I definitely think one should be established! I'm surprised that there is a decent amount of people with Celiac on campus. I only know one person with it, and she's my cousin.

Kaitlyn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    manjeet singh

•  

• Topics

• 1. Check post date this is 10 years old.  2. Addressing a few things from this, I react badly to animal fats, they float and cause to throw up, I also have digestion issues with tough meats, where they do not break down in my stomach and either get puked up or pooped out still looking like meat. Fish, crab, and lean meat like longhorn when cooked til it dissolves on your tongue into a paste are edible to me.   3.   I live off of fats. nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut oil, I am ketogenic and I do not eat carbs but only fat and protein.
    • i do take iron and b12 tablets as well but i think it depends on the person and what your levels are at but definitely keep at eye on it thats so exciting! where are you moving to? i'm from sydney, i havn't ate out yet but i know there are alot of options. the grocery stores carry lots of gluten free options so i wouldn't worry too much especially if you are going to a major city it will be easy. also all our processed foods have to be at 0ppm to be considered gluten free as opposed to 20ppm in the US so it makes me feel safer haha
    • i usually buy pre made falafels as the majority i've found are gluten free and vegan. they are really good on a wrap with hummus, lettuce, tomato/salads or even the same on a sandwich. i also eat them with a salad or as a side with a curry. the only recipe i've made from scratch is from http://www.hotforfoodblog.com/recipes/2015/05/04/baked-falafel-sliders-with-maple-tahini-sauce also their cheese sauce is really great, i make it with sweet potato and almond milk, its so easy and you can swap or leave out a few ingredients and it tastes just a good. i eat cheese but i still make that to have with tacos or nachos as well.
    • Hello thanks for answering , yes they did a biopsy , received the results and can't understand a thing in medical terms . Is the waiting that is irritating me . 😒  There was written among other things that the villus architecture is well preserved is this only sentence that confuses me . I will ask of course my doctor just wondered if any of you knows what it means . As for celiac blood work panel I will ask . I Know that they did some blood tests which I had to wait two weeks as here some blood tests they have to make them outside our island .
    • Hi  I live in the US. we use Corn flour and amaranth flour to make roti. There is any other flour to make roti. bcoz amaranth is a little expensive for us. and being punjabi we eat roti a lot and parantha too. so if anyone knows in US. from where we can get flour to make roti on cheap price. or any other website from where we could get all flour on good price.
  • Upcoming Events