• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

About the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) - Newswise (press release)

1 post in this topic

admin    195

About the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA)

Newswise (press release)

Through empowerment, education and advocacy, the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) drives diagnoses of celiac disease and other gluten-related disorders and improves the quality of life for those on a lifelong gluten-free diet.

View the full article

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nicorinse

• Topics

• ennis how do you test for Candida overgrowth did I have to see a functional doctor or do medical doctors test. It would seem like a plausible  explanation to my symptoms. 
    • Hello everyone.    Ive been diagnosed with celiac for about 4 years now. It's been a rough road but I feel like I've gotten as good as I can get with eliminating gluten completely from my diet.    I am an undergraduate student with a driven passion to become a nurse (I'm a guy, I know). I love the field and can't wait to help people every day.   As some of you may know, the nursing curriculum is extremely intense. I have an very strict routine and schedule where I can handle the rigor of my classes, work, and fitness (I am really into health and fitness, it's the best release from the stresses induced from school. I get 6 hours of sleep on the dot and manage to work, volunteer, study, and eat decently well. I love my life when it's on this routine and am so happy and social with people around me. I'm making progress, I'm moving forward, making something of my life.    But lately I've been suffering. I've been getting sick a lot more often from what seems to be random uncontrollable cross contamination from various things. When I get sick, my routine gets all messed up, I fall off my schedule, and things start going downhill. I like to call it the "celiac rut" I get stuck in. When I'm sick I can't work out, without working out I get extremely stressed and can't sleep. Without sleep I can't focus on my school and you know, the slippery slope that pretty much leads to lots of depression and anxiety.    This. Absolutely. Sucks. I fall behind in school and have trouble focusing on my priorities because I need more sleep to heal, and I can't go to class or the gym when I'm throwing up or spending hours on the toilet. Plus the mental symptoms turn me into an angry antisocial gluten monster. So that's always fun.   I really don't know how to manage this. I feel like at this rate I won't be able to keep up with my daily life. I physically can not handle the lifestyle I have when I get sick, and it piles up because when I get better I'm like weeks behind in material in my classes.    I am am normally a super happy outgoing guy, I love being the person I truly am. But gluten is singlehandedly tearing my life apart and the depression is starting to take it's toll.    I honestly dont know what to get out of posting this. I just hope that someone has some sort of trick or secret to get through this awful "celiac rut."
    • Hello, I have the same issue with the hair loss a few months after going gluten free, I have been getting the b12 shot and was also told to take Vit D and Calcium, Also told it was because my guts are still not happy after all i put them thru, It's very upsetting losing the amount of hair I have, my right side of my head is about 65% thinner then the left...Was told it see a Diet person right away. 
    • There is sort of a detox/withdrawal thing for the first few weeks for most. Keep a food diary, often after a glutening a new intolerance will creep up for awhile. Sort of your body associating another food with gluten, and or it just being picky while damaged. Write down everything you eat, how you fix it, seasonings etc. Change up the diet, and look for patterns.  My own gut is being picky today and had D after 2 meals so I am rotating up and narrowing down the culprit tomorrow myself....only see 4 common things in my food dairy.
    • Thanks for your reply. I'm currently grain free, although I ended up making kitchary because I needed something of substance in my stomach. Seems to have helped. Some other symptoms coming on strong, so just hoping I have some answers soon, to make sure I'm at least on the right path!
  • Upcoming Events