• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Blood Sugar Frustration

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. I've always been hypoglycemic but since going gluten-free, I'm having a lot of issues. I was eating vegan prior to my diagnosis but added small amounts of animal protein (eggs, chicken) at my doctor's recommendation. It has helped with the hunger. However, my blood sugar has been dipping a lot and my curve show's that I'm reactive. My endo says she's seen this happen to other people as the heal from any sort of illness and recommends I do something along the lines of the Paleo diet. She says that some folks level out as they heal and I will need to watch this to make sure it doesn't develop into diabetes.

Any experienced advise out there? I'm struggling lately with eating in general (planning, finding the time to cook, finding things that sound good, etc.) Going to the grocery store and meal planning feels overwhelming lately.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I don't have much advice to give, but I wanted to let you know that I understand your blood sugar struggles. It can be so frustrating. Something that helps me when I'm feeling insatiable is to eat a little glucose (semi-sweet choco. chips).

Fruits, veggies, chicken and rice are my go to foods

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    midwayliz

• Topics

• Reality check in the past few weeks, looks like I got glutened at what should be a "safe" restaurant for gluten-free and gone right back to the beginning again recovery-wise Now too scared to eat anywhere and turning down social opportunities because of the food issues, what a miserable way to live this is.
    • Your issues is probably with the carbs then. there is a alternative. best pricing is miracle noodle. For Konjac rice substitute. Konjac flour works with some people others it does not. https://miraclenoodle.com/collections/miracle-noodle-rice-products There is a trick to cooking it but they make no carb noodles, and rice. I use the rice to make all kinds of rice like dishes like my mothers mexican fried rice etc. It does have a tad off texture and flavor but comes close. If your looking for no carb breads Julians Bakery makes some pretty decent breads but you HAVE to toast them to use them. I just found them a month ago....First time eating a bread in 2 year, and first time in as long as I can recall eating one that did not make me feel bloated and fat. No carbs, no sugars, no yeast, no dairy, no soy, and very low sodium...... Been eating french toast, vegan cheesy bread, bread with almond butter and sugar free jam I have honestly been in food heaven since I found it. BTW some celiacs can not tolerate any grains very rare but it happens.    OH and on what I have is really bad Ulcerative Colitis, so I have a bunch of other trigger foods that cause inflammation, bleeding, distention, constipation, gas, bloating etc. Carbs/sugars is a huge one for me fructose, glucose, sucrose.
    • They rotate growing rice and oats in the same crop. I unfortunately am intolerant to oats.  I have Dysbiosis according to a stool test, which is why I am quite sensitive to gluten among other foods.  May I ask what AI you have that makes you sensitive to carbs? I have been in and out of the doctor since November 2016 with chronic pain.  Trying to figure out what is going on with my gut, it's terrifying. I tried Dynasty jasmine rice from Thailand the other day which was recommended in 2009 by someone on here and a few hours later had the worst low blood sugar attack I'd ever had in my life. I am severely underweight due to the pain and I think this happened because I ate a bit too much (I LOVE rice) upon my first introduction back into my diet.  Even so I reacted just as I do when I ingest gluten (intense anxiety/hard to breathe/fast heart beat/constipation/intense pain under my ribs) So I don't think Dynasty is a safe brand, not for me at least. I only react this way to gluten. My other food sensitivities, the symptoms pop up around 24 hours later and are completely different. 
    • Thanks so much for the information. I tried Dynasty jasmine rice which was a recommendation from a sensitive individual on here. The post I believe was from 2009 so there's plenty of time for practices to have changed. I only ask this here again for updated information as I tried the Dynasty brand and got sick. I do not have Celiac disease (according to an Endoscopy) however, I have been gluten-free for 2 years and only ate a cookie or a donut maybe a few times a month for a year and a half before I was tested. I actually like going without gluten as I get less low blood sugar attacks and rarely ever get migraines. Not to mention, before I had the Endoscopy I was fasting for 2 days with no food or drink while I received other tests while I was in the hospital. I also got a colonoscopy at the same time so I had to clear my system out completely. My doctor believes I have a non-Celiac gluten sensitivity due to my symptoms after ingesting gluten. I was diagnosed with Dysbiosis so it could be my body lacks the correct bacteria to break down gluten. I have several other food intolerances including dairy and oats which many facilities process along with rice. 
  • Upcoming Events