• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Amazing Flourless Chocolate Cake!

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I made this yesterday, and it's pretty incredible. Warning: It is in no way healthy - it's a very rich and decadent dessert. I made it in cupcake form and put most of them in the freezer (I've read that flourless cakes stay good for up to three months in the freezer).

I have a feeling I'm going to be very popular at wine/dessert parties :)

Enjoy!

cake

1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter

3/4 cup granulated sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 to 2 teaspoons espresso powder, optional

1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional

3 large eggs

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch-process cocoa preferred

glaze

1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup heavy cream

1) Preheat the oven to 375

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Yup, that's good stuff! Sadly, none of mine ever makes it to the freezer because we are oinkers in this house. :lol:

Good idea to make it into cupcakes. How much did you shorten the cook time?

A suggestion. If you use the espresso powder, do not use the vanilla too. They serve the same purpose and using both will alter the taste quite a bit.

Sylvia and I both make this cake regularly ---and it is really rich, isn't it? and, yes, very fattening!! :)

Skylark has posted another flourless cake recipe that has even fewer steps ...but more eggs. It's in here:

My DH & I love IrishHeart's FCC! I've made 2 this week... I'll have to try this recipe...

My DH & I love IrishHeart's FCC! I've made 2 this week... I'll have to try this recipe...

sweetie, it's the same one!

2 this week?? are you guys getting fat yet? :lol:

It is the yummiest! I will only make it when I have to provide a dessert for something. And I have frozen it, too...it's just a bit more dense but freezes well.

Ads by Google:

I just ate another cupcake :P I have a feeling this cake may become a problem for me, especially on nights when I come home stressed out, lol. Sometimes a girl just needs her chocolate.

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cb1105

• Topics

• You may want to keep a food and symptom journal. Our reactions can be delayed and that can make it hard to pinpoint what 'got' us. A journal can help you see a pattern and help us figure it out. Enjoy that pudding.
    • We were in Santorini and Athens in August 2015.   We found eating gluten free easy in Greece.   Their cuisine involves fairly simply ingredients, olive oil, salt, and herbs.   My celiac daughter can eat almost all the grilled meats and vegetables.   Obviously you have to avoid the pita.   Also, be careful of the gyro meat, because some places threw beer in their marinade.   My daughter enjoyed lots of grilled fish, seafood, and meats there. We found the Greeks very friendly and accommodating, when we explained that we have to avoid gluten, the servers knew what that is, and were happy to accommodate us. Airport is different.   I have the habit of calling the airline a couple of week before the flight to make sure they have gluten-free meals for my daughter.   But I always pack backups for long flights.
    • You'll get to the point where you can eat other things, you just have to give it time. Can you do eggs? Hard boiled eggs. They make fast snacks and are highly portable. If you make nut butters, you can just eat it by the spoonful.  I don't like "normal" coconut macaroons, too wet for me, ick! I found this recipe though which drives me insane --- sooooooo good I about swallow my tongue. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/toasty-coconut-macaroons-recipe-1912139 Don't know if you like them or not but re-fried beans. I NEED my carbs!!!!! If I don't get carbs, I will get weak & shaking 30 minutes after eating. I can't eat every 30 minutes!!! So I eat a lot of re-fried beans. I make a big vat & then portion into containers & freeze. If you have or get a stick blender, it will make super fast work of mashing those beans up. Only takes 2 minutes or less. I use olive oil in mine & lots of it -- need that fat. 
    • Coconut, almond butter, and cocoa nib fat bombs...I use plant fats to do it. You can make some great snacks out of fresh almond butter, shredded or coconut flour, and cocoa nibs. Sweeten with stevia for little dough like balls of goodness. Oh you miss potato chips, two options here I like to make my own protein chips with pea protein, or I can have 2-4 protes chips (vegan pea protein  chips made by a company) but they have to be eaten in moderation. Coconut chips....yeah I get Lets' Do Organic ones I can snack on a hand full of them or throw a handful of cocoa nibs in my mouth for snacks. If you like meat, try making jerky. get a dehydrator season your own and just do it.....lucky you can eat meat. I miss making roast in a crock pot....I used to make some of the best shredded meats. My old smoker.....I could make some of the best ribs and roast EVER. The jerky can be made and taken for snacks on the road or while out, crack open a can of spinach (canned unsalted delmonte does not bother me) or pack some stewed greens and have some jerky tear it up stir it in canned keto on the go. Other lovely thing are tuna and salmon if the canned bother you I often find them too salty to enjoy I have taken some and smoked it or dipped it in liquid smoke then cooked in a baking dish then loaded in to the dehydrator. I find doing this I can have that little bit of fish when I want without worry of spoilage (sucking on it and chewing it for a long time make it really satisfying for me) ....SOO doing this next week to try the fish again. Speaking of fish...since I perfected keto bread in my bakery this month......I think I might try making a tuna sandwich with avacado mayo....not had a tuna sandwich in over 5 years.....
    • I am a newly diagnosed celiac and am traveling abroad for the first time since starting the diet. I will be going to Greece in the spring. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for eating gluten free abroad or at airports? Thanks! 
  • Upcoming Events