• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pop Chips

7 posts in this topic

bisja    3

Just wondering if anyone has tried these or had a bad reaction to them? Am trying to trace what I have gotten so sick from these are the only new thing I have tried, been nibbling on them on and off for a week the sweet potato ones and the vinegar and salt ones, no dairy say gluten free, but I am so sick the whole running to the bathroom I feel as big as a cow well at least my stomach does, and just horrible . Anyone try these? Not sure if it is them or not just trying to figure this out.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Mateto    7

They're alright for me, but Salt and Vinegar are sickly anyways.

Maybe there was some CC? They might not be overly concerned about it, so I would give them a call. You weren't around flour? I find when shopping in the grocery store, walking in the baking aisle where the flours are can be sickening.

bisja    3

They're alright for me, but Salt and Vinegar are sickly anyways.

Maybe there was some CC? They might not be overly concerned about it, so I would give them a call. You weren't around flour? I find when shopping in the grocery store, walking in the baking aisle where the flours are can be sickening.

nope I stay away from those isles. Not sure what is going on but will have to call and see if it is a dedicated factory, I just have to start doing more cooking from scratch, and stay away from the processed and store bought things, I just seem to have too many problems with them.

ciamarie    23

There was a thread on here a few months ago about those, several people (including myself) had bad reactions. I suspect either MSG or sulfites, due to the reaction I had. At the time I suspected msg cc, but now that I know more about sulfites and that they're frequently used in the processing of potato products I suspect that's more likely.

bisja    3

There was a thread on here a few months ago about those, several people (including myself) had bad reactions. I suspect either MSG or sulfites, due to the reaction I had. At the time I suspected msg cc, but now that I know more about sulfites and that they're frequently used in the processing of potato products I suspect that's more likely.

ohhhh I must have missed that thread! I will try to find it, I am not sure what is in them that has made me so sick but honestly have not felt this terrible for a long time, my stomach but also muscle pain, can't sleep, had headaches, but I notice today that is starting to go away. Phew thats the end of me trying those again! I get so tired of trying new things and 9 times out of 10 it does not work for me. I am going to try to find the thread talking about them, thanks so much for letting me know.

Ads by Google:

BabsV    19

I remember reading labels on different Pop Chip bags several months ago and some stated they were made on shared equipment or in a shared facility or something...it wasn't all the flavors at the time. The packaging was very clear about it -- I can't remember what the difference was but there was some sort of difference in the gluten labeling on the chips made on shared equipment/shared facility. Maybe it said no gluten ingredients vs gluten free?!? Gah, wish I could remember. I just know that the labeling was enough to make me stop and read each type of flavor because I was intrigued with the detail. I didn't try them at the time because of all the ingredients listed...basically I was sticking to things that had 3 or fewer ingredients listed. So maybe a CC issue? Or one of the other ingredients since there are a lot?

bisja    3

I remember reading labels on different Pop Chip bags several months ago and some stated they were made on shared equipment or in a shared facility or something...it wasn't all the flavors at the time. The packaging was very clear about it -- I can't remember what the difference was but there was some sort of difference in the gluten labeling on the chips made on shared equipment/shared facility. Maybe it said no gluten ingredients vs gluten free?!? Gah, wish I could remember. I just know that the labeling was enough to make me stop and read each type of flavor because I was intrigued with the detail. I didn't try them at the time because of all the ingredients listed...basically I was sticking to things that had 3 or fewer ingredients listed. So maybe a CC issue? Or one of the other ingredients since there are a lot?

oh that's interesting I looked at the bags I had they didn't say anything but, it doesn't surprise me, I am still sick off of those things! I wish I would have never ate them, time I start learning to make my own stuff I do remember my Father making homemade potato chips when I was young they were so good, I can't remember how he did them but know that they were wonderful. So am going on a search to start making some things that I get cravings for, getting tired of going through this sick crud with things that the government has said are ok to call gluten free. Ok I am ranting a bit here but geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz I get so dang tired of it.

Ads by Google: