This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Dessert Tonight?

sora

bbuster Explorer

OK - all you dieters please cover your eyes, but I always wanted to try making a gluten-free French Silk Pie and I did it over the weekend. Turned out great (it's long gone by now) and was much easier than I thought!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sa1937 Community Regular

Yay!!!!! Thank you so much for posting, my family will love it! I can't wait lol I just love this thread!

You're welcome, caselynn! I'll be looking forward to hearing how yours turns out. I love this thread, too...however, my hips do not!!! laugh.gif

Please note that I added an edit to the recipe I posted after contacting Annalise last evening about the sinking blueberries.

And if you make this, make sure you use the right size pan so you don't end up with a 1" high cake. I did use a Kugelhoph pan.

IrishHeart Veteran

Please note that I added an edit to the recipe I posted after contacting Annalise last evening about the sinking blueberries.

And if you make this, make sure you use the right size pan so you don't end up with a 1" high cake. I did use a Kugelhoph pan.

You KNOW Annalise Roberts? And you didn't tell me?? and you're on a first name basis? Cool!

hey, tell her my lemon bars were a hit--but that you have to dust them with confectionery sugar in the back seat of your car.

Gotta love a woman who even HAS a Kugelhoph pan!!!!!!!

I betcha LOVE2TRAVEL has one, too.

sa1937 Community Regular

You KNOW Annalise Roberts? And you didn't tell me?? and you're on a first name basis? Cool!

hey, tell her my lemon bars were a hit--but that you have to dust them with confectionery sugar in the back seat of your car.

Gotta love a woman who even HAS a Kugelhoph pan!!!!!!!

I betcha LOVE2TRAVEL has one, too.

Nope, I don't know Annalise but most cookbook authors can be reached and she responded quickly to my question. Sorry to disappoint you. tongue.gif

I only have a Kugelhoph pan because I took a cake decorating class when I was pregnant with my daughter and made doll cakes for her when she was little. I bet L2T has far more fancy schmancy pans than I do!!!

IrishHeart Veteran

Nope, I don't know Annalise but most cookbook authors can be reached and she responded quickly to my question. Sorry to disappoint you. tongue.gif

I only have a Kugelhoph pan because I took a cake decorating class when I was pregnant with my daughter and made doll cakes for her when she was little. I bet L2T has far more fancy schmancy pans than I do!!!

Lucky!! My Mom never made doll cakes.... :( waaaa.

when I come to visit, will you make me one?

For dessert we are having:

fresh blueberries

and the new ice cream maker is still in the box (we wore the old one out years ago)

We are on diets. :)

Adalaide Mentor

That won't be necessary after the muu muus get here!

sa1937 Community Regular

Lucky!! My Mom never made doll cakes.... :( waaaa.

when I come to visit, will you make me one?

For dessert we are having:

fresh blueberries

and the new ice cream maker is still in the box (we wore the old one out years ago)

Of course I'll make one for you...never mind that I haven't made one for 40 years! Hahaha

Oh wait...I can't do that as I threw out the doll years ago...it was getting kind of ratty.

Fresh fruit is still my favorite dessert...although I still have a couple of pieces of Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake left that will be eaten until the last crumb is gone. biggrin.gif

P.S. What kind of a diet are you on? The seafood diet...you see food and you eat it? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sa1937 Community Regular

That won't be necessary after the muu muus get here!

They're sure taking a long while to get here!!! laugh.gif

IrishHeart Veteran

P.S. What kind of a diet are you on? The seafood diet...you see food and you eat it? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

(groan) Oh NO, you didn't say that....arrgh!! that's my Mom's joke. And it's not funny when she says it either. :huh::P

She also used to tease us with this nugget when we were kids:

We'd ask "what's for dessert?" and she'd say "DESERT the table!".

(groan) Geesh, my Mom was kinda mean, now that I think about it.

I'm gonna call her right now and tell her!

(ahem, obviously, I got my sense of humor from my Dad.)

IrishHeart Veteran

They're sure taking a long while to get here!!! laugh.gif

She claims it's the Canadian postal service... :lol:

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

For dessert, I made pan toasted pine nuts in butter, then add spoonful of honey and chopped apple and cook til tender. Was good!

alex11602 Collaborator

We are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight so I am making crustless banana cream pie, lucious lemon cake from the Namaste website and maybe flourless peanut butter cookies. I haven't baked in a while and I need to make up for that :)

IrishHeart Veteran

Ok, I made vanilla bean ice cream (custardy rich ) and it is ridiculously delicious and easy and I am NOT eating it--hubs is.

:(

yum yum yum

IrishHeart Veteran

We are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight so I am making crustless banana cream pie, lucious lemon cake from the Namaste website and maybe flourless peanut butter cookies. I haven't baked in a while and I need to make up for that :)

sounds yummy, sweetie!

freeatlast Collaborator

Blueberry Coffeecake. No wait! That's what I had for brekkie <_<

• 4 weeks later...
alex11602 Collaborator

Brownie sundaes for dessert tonight...we have a bunch of leftover dessert stuff from my daughter's birthday this past weekend so we took the mini muffin brownies and topped it with almond milk mint chocolate chip ice cream, whipped cream and a few dark chocolate chips.

love2travel Mentor

Grilled Nectarines with Lavender-Infused Honey

dcns65 Apprentice

Tender Blueberry Snack cake. Had to use those fresh Maine Blueberries in something delicious!

Open Original Shared Link

Marilyn R Community Regular

I melted about 3 Tbsp dark chocolate chips with a Tbsp of heavy cream (milk works just as well). Meanwhile I crunched up some gluten-free pretzels.

Two scoops of vanilla ice cream placed in the bowl of melted chocolate + gluten-free pretzels + a scant handful of cashew pieces = YUM.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Fried apples w/ pine nuts!

• 1 month later...
Reddino83 Newbie

My desserts have been somewhat curtailed, since I'm on Weight Watchers. However I have found that Jello brand sugar free/fat free puddings made with skim milk are great with fresh fruit. Stir some blueberries into the vanilla, peaches with butterscotch and strawberries with chocolate. So far I've lost 16 pounda and have 20 more to go!

GREAT IDEA AND CONGRATS!! :D

Adalaide Mentor

I was terribly bad last night. We had pumpkin pie shakes. With the evenings cooling off we were just starting to feel fall in the air and couldn't help ourselves. Not to fear though, we totally put flax in them so they were practically healthy! I'll tell my hips that too. :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
sora Community Regular

Baking my first gluten-free cake today (vanilla). I am putting field berry curd in between the layers and vanilla icing.

• 1 month later...
sora Community Regular

I would like to perk up this thread. Since the holidays are here why don't we post our holiday desserts that we might only make at this time of year.

This is one of my favorites that I make and give as a gift and keep one for myself.

Pumpkin Bread

9x5 in loaf pan

350 oven

Sift together

1 3/4 C AP flour (add xanthan gum if your mix doesn't have it)

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I grind my own and make sure to leave some chunky bits)

Beat until light and fluffy

1 1/3 cup sugar (I use Demerara)

1/3 cup soft shortening or butter

2 eggs

beat in

1 cup cooked or canned pumpkin

Add dry to wet in 3 additions alternating with

1/3 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Do not over beat.

Fold in

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1/3 cup chopped dates

Bake in greased pan about one hour.

This bread freezes really well and is delicious cut in thick slices and warmed with ice cream or whipped cream on top.

love2travel Mentor

Sora, thanks for thinking of this thread - I had forgotten! Not having dessert tonight but I am making the best chocolate chunk cookies on the planet tomorrow for my massage therapist. She practically begged me for them last week.

Archived