• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Right Upper Quadrant Pain

3 posts in this topic

I haven't posted in a while...but I hope someone can you me some information. For about 3 days, I have been having right upper quadrant pain. It runs along the rib cage starting about 2 inches about belly button and down to bottom of rib cage on right side. The pain hurts underneath the rib cage also and seems to travel around to the back. It feel like something pressing on my ribs and almost feels like a burning pain at times. Intermitently when having this pain, I feel like I have lower abdomen cramping. I also randomly feel like there is muscle twitching in this area at lower rib cage. I don't really have nausea. The pain is similar to the gallbladder pain I had years ago, however my gallbladder has been removed. I went on a weekend vacation this past weekend in New Orleans. Although, I thoroughly discussed my gluten intolerance and they assured the food was gluten free, I know I am at their mercy when dining out. Could this pain be from possibly ingesting gluten? Has anyone ever experienced this pain? It is really starting to get on my nerves because I don't know what is causing it.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi, this how my daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease. She had bad upper right quadrant pain so maybe you were glutened. Hope you feel better soon :)

It could also be lack of CCK in the small intestine due to atrophy. This will prevent gallbladder contraction and opening of the sphincter of oddi. It is a functional problem I am having treated with acupuncture at the moment. It will fix when your gut is healed, till then it is a matter of trying to encourage this process without the CCK. I tried herbs but am sensitive to most of them - but they did work. Dandelion Root, Turmeric, Peppermint are all good for this. Try to lie back slightly leaning over to your left side after eating, preferably with a warm tea with a cholagogue/choleretic in it... any of the above. I used 2-3 drops of Peppermint EO for a while but it is high in salicylates, which I am also sensitive to. Let me know if you want more info. on this.