This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

No Cheese Pizza- Please Help

alex11602

alex11602 Collaborator

My 5 year old daughter plays sports and they have a pizza and cupcake party on Monday to celebrate the end of the season, I had been planning to attempt a Namaste crust again for the pizza since the taste wasn't too bad and make her a brownie cupcake from the Bob's Red Mill mix and it was tough enough with that because some of those kids already make fun of her. Anyway, we took her to the doc yesterday because she really hasn't been growing (they said she is the same weight and height as almost 2 years ago- 44 in and 44 lbs) and also took her because she has been having skin reactions to dairy that are only cleared up with a childrens claritin, they said the reactions she has been having are the first stage of anaphalaxis and to immediately remove all dairy.

Question here is what can I put on her pizza that will make it still like a pizza and hopefully not get her noticed for having different stuff then everyone else is eating?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mizzo Enthusiast

FYI,

Amy's makes a single serve gluten free, dairy free pizza. If you can find this it may be worth trying. From what I've seen the cost of soy cheese or cheese substitutes (sheese) run about the same as this pizza.

alex11602 Collaborator

FYI,

Amy's makes a single serve gluten free, dairy free pizza. If you can find this it may be worth trying. From what I've seen the cost of soy cheese or cheese substitutes (sheese) run about the same as this pizza.

Thank you. I really wish we would have gotten more notice so I had more time to figure this out for her.

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Thank you. I really wish we would have gotten more notice so I had more time to figure this out for her.

I make homemade pizza using eggs instead of cheese. It looks sort of like cheese. Then I use sauce and pleanty of toppings. IF you use enough toppings maybe it would hide the "cheese".

GFinDC Veteran

Daiya cheese shreds should work. They are a dairy free/soy free cheese substitute.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Daiya cheese shreds should work. They are a dairy free/soy free cheese substitute.

Daiya works pretty well on a pizza. It's not quite the same, but it's something. You could also do a bbq chicken pizza, no cheese - bbq sauce, cooked chicken, red onions, bell peppers.

alex11602 Collaborator

Thank you so much everyone, I really want to make things as easy as possible for her especially since these kids have already made fun of her for other stuff.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived