• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gallbladder Update

3 posts in this topic

I just wanted to give a quick update on my gallbladder issue...a few weeks ago I did the HIDA scan & it was functioning at 15%. I just saw my dr at Mayo...we did a full abdomen ultra sound...no stones in gallbladder. He does not want to remove it...says the low-functioning is a result of the gallbladder not getting the signal from the small intestine to work. The small intestine is where my damage is, so I guess that makes sense. He has seen this all turn around after enough healing takes place...I am about 8 months since diagnosis.

So, I am on digestive enzymes & hoping things resolve. I am amazed how many things Celiac Disease can effect in our bodies!

Hope this gives insight to anyone else dealing with gallbladder issues...

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Sounds like you have a good doctor and I hope the issue resolves for you quickly. Thank you for the update.

I just wanted to give a quick update on my gallbladder issue...a few weeks ago I did the HIDA scan & it was functioning at 15%. I just saw my dr at Mayo...we did a full abdomen ultra sound...no stones in gallbladder. He does not want to remove it...says the low-functioning is a result of the gallbladder not getting the signal from the small intestine to work. The small intestine is where my damage is, so I guess that makes sense. He has seen this all turn around after enough healing takes place...I am about 8 months since diagnosis.

So, I am on digestive enzymes & hoping things resolve. I am amazed how many things Celiac Disease can effect in our bodies!

Hope this gives insight to anyone else dealing with gallbladder issues...

It sure gives me some insight into why so many have had their gallbladder removed - often seemingly unnecessarily when it didn't solve anything - before finding out about gluten.

Interesting Mayo Dr comment on it being the signaling causing low function % instead of a functional incapability.

Sounds like you have a great Dr., especially compared to the ones we usually hear about.