Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Exercise After Gluten?

7 posts in this topic

I got "glutened" over the weekend, have been ill since unfortunately. I attempted a run this evening and feel so sluggish, like I could barely finish. I was shaky, almost as if I had low blood sugar but have eaten plenty of protein, any thoughts? Should I be laying low, I was concerned I might have been pushing it..

Ads by Google:

oh yes! That will happen. It seems like when I exercise any gluten will cause an even bigger/intense reaction.

Good to know, I cut my run short in fear that I'd pass out lol, I think the next time I'll lay low until I'm feeling a bit better. At the present moment I feel as bad as I did yesterday, hoping I didn't work my system up more than it already was. I honestly thought that if I got myself moving and motivated that I'd feel better, but it seems to have done the exact opposite. :-/

It seems like it takes even less gluten to cause an even bigger reaction when exercising too!

Oh you're definitely right there! I'm still feeling down for the count today, maybe tomorrow will be better. :-/

Ads by Google:

If I can get out of bed, and make it to the Gym while glutened, I actually feel better afterwards. I did it while having symptoms, before getting diagnosed, just had to slow it down a notch. I think this is what kept me sane. :)

I have to agree there, before I was diagnosed that was all that kept me going. Now it seems that when I'm good things are awesome and I have a ton of energy! But, when I get glutened I'm down for the count, and it takes me longer to come back with less gluten. I assume this is because it's not in my system anymore lol maybe I just need to power through it and turn it down a notch as you do, it's worth a try!