• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Chapstick

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys:

Can't remember who was doing research on chapstick, celiac3270 maybe???

I found a web site called www.clanthompson.com, and they list chapstick (cherry, mint and regular) that are gluten-free.

It is a private web, family, with six members with celiac disease. Don't know anything about them. They do have a pocket grocery list of products names that are gluten-free. (also a small fee to purchase them).

Any history on authentisity (boy am I stretching my spelling range!!!)??

(when I was young there was a short avenue of educators that thought "sight" reading was the way to go. It did not last long, but I was in the "not last long kid". Therefore, if I cannot visualize the word I cannot spell--- during the late 50's.

Excuses, but legit. Bet I have a witness out there.

Back to the new found web site, anyone know anything about this?

BTW---The Hurricane is projected to affect us. Will keep you posted if any are interested. Maybe cross our roofs. Not a Katrina, but a pain-in-*** (nothing new to any of us, huh???)

Lisa B.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

OK, I'm gonna die if someone says chapstick has gluten in it! I am addicted to chapstick, it's so dry in the hospital where I work I feel like my lips will fall right off!

Just called them and they asked which kinds I wanted to know about since they have to look up each one individually (they have over 15 kinds!!). So I just asked about the basic ones - called Classics - that is, the original, mint, cherry, strawberry, etc. They said of the classics are gluten-free. This info used to be on this website (under gluten-free mainstream products), but now, they charge you to look at the list. Nice. Only willing to help out people for free for so long.....

sorry, that was supposed to say all of their classics are gluten-free.