This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Hope It's Ok To Brag A Little Bit

melaniesilvers

melaniesilvers Rookie

I hope it's ok to brag and not ask a question. I'm one proud momma and other parents of kids without celiac don't understand. My son was diagnosed 5 weeks ago by biopsy. We have been gluten free for 4 weeks and 3 days. In that time he has gained 4 lbs - he had not gained a pound in a year and a half prior to this. He has also grown 1 full inch in ONE MONTH. I'm beyond thrilled. He has not had a tummy ache in 3.5 weeks. I just want to cry because I'm so happy. He has moved from the 20 percentile for both weight and height to the 50 percentile in one month. I'm so happy my child is now a typical 4 yr old. He runs and plays all day and he's not a TV junkie any more. He never asks to watch TV. Yesterday he went swimming TWICE!!!!! Thanks for all the support and tips on this site. I know I'm not alone in all this.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

So happy for you, and a great success story for other parents who are struggling. Your words are very encouraging :D

krystynycole Contributor

That's awesome! Keep it up :)

bartfull Rising Star

That is WONDERFUL!! You not only have a healthy four year old, but you have saved him from a lifetime of serious health problems. Brag away!! :D

beachbirdie Contributor

I hope it's ok to brag and not ask a question. I'm one proud momma and other parents of kids without celiac don't understand. My son was diagnosed 5 weeks ago by biopsy. We have been gluten free for 4 weeks and 3 days. In that time he has gained 4 lbs - he had not gained a pound in a year and a half prior to this. He has also grown 1 full inch in ONE MONTH. I'm beyond thrilled. He has not had a tummy ache in 3.5 weeks. I just want to cry because I'm so happy. He has moved from the 20 percentile for both weight and height to the 50 percentile in one month. I'm so happy my child is now a typical 4 yr old. He runs and plays all day and he's not a TV junkie any more. He never asks to watch TV. Yesterday he went swimming TWICE!!!!! Thanks for all the support and tips on this site. I know I'm not alone in all this.

Yes! It is wonderful to have you share such a positive story! This is a very happy thing!

{{{{{{{{{APPLAUSE::CHEERS::APPLAUSE::CHEERS::}}}}}}}}}

love2travel Mentor

Weird. I posted a few minutes ago but it did not show up.

Anyway, you have every right to inspire us with your story and be proud of your precious son. I would say this is nothing short of miraculous! :)

StephanieL Enthusiast

That is great news! Keep up the great work.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

~**caselynn**~ Enthusiast

Brag it up Momma!!! You deserve it, that is great news! ?

Gluten Free Girls Apprentice

I was brought to tears by your post. Congratulations and I'm so happy for you! I love to read great news like this. I could cry for you! A new life for both your child and yourself!!!

Mom-of-Two Contributor

Aww, that is amazing news! You have every reason to be a VERY proud momma!!

Awesome! :D

melaniesilvers Rookie

Thanks for letting me share and thanks for the continued support. Although it is a difficult change, it is SO WORTH IT.

fructmalgirlceliacboy Newbie

Congratulations! So happy for you and your little one! My 8-year-old boy was diagnosed with celiac disease last week. I'm hoping for the same results! Way to go, Mama!!

• 4 weeks later...
justlisa Apprentice

Melanie... Brag away...we won't get tired of hearing good news! :)

Maybenow Newbie

You're not bragging, you're just happy. :)

GottaSki Mentor

Hip-hip-hooray!

Improvement is wonderful to hear and very encouraging for others - especially when it happens to a little one with a great Mom.

Congratulations...well done...keep up the great work :)

cyberprof Enthusiast

I love stories like these! Thanks for sharing.

rachelh4207 Apprentice

:D REJOICING WITH YOU!!!!!!!

My 3 year old has grown one inch per month since going gluten free. Her tests were "inconclusive" but we got our "diagnosis" with her THRIVING for the first time in her life. I cried when I found out how much she had grown and gained. SOO amazing isn't it.

justlisa Apprentice

Rachel... Congratulations to you, as well... Very nice to hear! :)

Archived