This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Does Bcm7 (A Milk Opiod) Initiate Celiac Disease?

icm

tom Contributor

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
icm Apprentice

Would some of these pathogens have morphine-like sequences of amino acids?

Also, which foods should I avoid if I want to keep away from morphine like substances. Don't soy corn and other foods also release opiods?

icm Apprentice

Also, I had autism when I was young, am gluten sensitive, still have some asd symptoms and have a leaky gut? Is there any such thing as leaky brain?

GFinDC Veteran

... Is there any such thing as leaky brain?

HA HA, I think that's what we usually call brain fog on the forum. :)

Thanks for the explanation Skylark, that really helps!

Skylark Collaborator

Glad my cross-sensitivity explanation made sense. :)

Would some of these pathogens have morphine-like sequences of amino acids? Also, which foods should I avoid if I want to keep away from morphine like substances. Don't soy corn and other foods also release opiods?

All I've read about is gliadorphins and casomorphins.

Also, I had autism when I was young, am gluten sensitive, still have some asd symptoms and have a leaky gut? Is there any such thing as leaky brain?

"Leaky brain"? I'm sorry, you're going to have to explain what you mean and there probably won't be an answer because I've never even heard the phrase.

icm Apprentice

"Leaky brain"? I'm sorry, you're going to have to explain what you mean and there probably won't be an answer because I've never even heard the phrase.

Dr. Tom O'bryan talked about it in a video with undergroundwellness. I'll try and get the link.

Skylark Collaborator

Dr. Tom O'bryan talked about it in a video with undergroundwellness. I'll try and get the link.

Don't worry about it. I really dislike having to spend the time to watch videos. It's an agonizingly slow way to get information compared to reading and I find most of the people making health videos are either trying to you something or have an axe to grind. If you've got something in the peer-reviewed literature I'd be happy to take a look.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

icm Apprentice

It's got to do with the blood brain barrier or something. Lots of stuff on it.

carolynmay Apprentice

Hi there - sorry for delay in response - there are lots of articles re possible links between mycobacteria and Crohn's and Type I Diabetes if you google, but see the following for examples:

Open Original Shared Link

I am quite sure in years to come they will uncover something similar in coeliac disease which triggers the "auto-immune" response, which is nothing of the sort but actually a full-on war against a currently unidentified pathogen. And if I were a microbiologist looking to make millions, I would be seeking something which perhaps feeds on gluten, or looks like gluten, or gives out something like gluten as a waste product!

Best to all, Carolyn

carolynmay Apprentice

Hi there - sorry for delay in response - there are lots of articles re possible links between mycobacteria and Crohn's and Type I Diabetes if you google, but see the following for examples:

I am quite sure in years to come they will uncover something similar in coeliac disease which triggers the "auto-immune" response, which is nothing of the sort but actually a full-on war against a currently unidentified pathogen. And if I were a microbiologist looking to make millions, I would be seeking something which perhaps feeds on gluten, or looks like gluten, or gives out something like gluten as a waste product!

Best to all, Carolyn

Sorry - "celiac disease" for you guys!

Skylark Collaborator

That's interesting stuff! Mycobacteria are sneaky little things.

icm Apprentice

That's interesting stuff! Mycobacteria are sneaky little things.

Is there a way to prevent them or get rid of them? And does that mean we're all infected with it?

carolynmay Apprentice

Is there a way to prevent them or get rid of them? And does that mean we're all infected with it?

There is a school of thought that they are usually picked up from poorly pasteurised dairy produce - this is what my homeopath tells me at least. She has been treating mine with various homeopathic remedies, but from what I've read other things like olive leaf and colloidal silver can help. I'm nervous about collodial silver, but have been using olive leaf extract fairly regularly recently and I would have to say, I feel like I've got my energy back a bit - who knows..

I am still sceptical about a lot of things, but am starting to think there is increasing evidence about mycoplasmas - what I'm not sure about is whether they are opportunist when there is already a damaged gut, or they could even cause the damage in the first place. I guess time will gradually tell!

Carolyn

mushroom Proficient

I already had a lot of GI symptoms when I was stricken with a mycoplasma infection, seriously ill for three weeks with it, so I can't say it was the cause of my problems but it sure did make them worse. There was no differentiation given to me as to the kind of mycoplasma so that's not very helpful I know.

I am also a big believer in the differences between A1 and A2 milk, and pasteurized/homogenized vs. raw, having grown up on a farm with our own cows - couldn't drink city milk when we moved off the farm, it made me feel sick..

icm Apprentice

Has type 1 diabetes ever occurred in the absence of gluten and dairy from birth?

carolynmay Apprentice

Has type 1 diabetes ever occurred in the absence of gluten and dairy from birth?

Good question.. Don't know if that has ever been looked into. I can't think it's one the dairy council would be too keen to investigate..!

icm Apprentice

Good question.. Don't know if that has ever been looked into. I can't think it's one the dairy council would be too keen to investigate..!

To me, it shouldn't be a problem for the dairy council as the A2 milk hypothesis seems to offer opportunity. Most people with type 1 diabetes seem to have intestinal damage (often from gluten) which in my opinion allows bcm7 from our A1 milk to slip through the 'permeable' duodenum into the bloodstream right by the pancreas.

This to me seems to be how it works. Any other ideas??

carolynmay Apprentice

To me, it shouldn't be a problem for the dairy council as the A2 milk hypothesis seems to offer opportunity. Most people with type 1 diabetes seem to have intestinal damage (often from gluten) which in my opinion allows bcm7 from our A1 milk to slip through the 'permeable' duodenum into the bloodstream right by the pancreas.

This to me seems to be how it works. Any other ideas??

Yes - it seems to make sense logically. I think the A2 casein can be problematic but nothing like as often as A1. I think though that autistic children generally do best on gluten free and entirely casein free don't they? I understood that goat and sheep casein is similar enough in size and shape to provoke a similar reaction where there is gut damage? What I find particularly interesting is that there are snippets of info on various sites that suggest mercury may block the enzyme that digests gluten and casein - and hence perhaps the link with vaccinations in autistic children where mercury certainly used to be used as a preservative and in many cases still is I think? All obviously hearsay and no evidence to back things up from me, but I do find it interesting to think about.

icm Apprentice

Yes - it seems to make sense logically. I think the A2 casein can be problematic but nothing like as often as A1. I think though that autistic children generally do best on gluten free and entirely casein free don't they? I understood that goat and sheep casein is similar enough in size and shape to provoke a similar reaction where there is gut damage? What I find particularly interesting is that there are snippets of info on various sites that suggest mercury may block the enzyme that digests gluten and casein - and hence perhaps the link with vaccinations in autistic children where mercury certainly used to be used as a preservative and in many cases still is I think? All obviously hearsay and no evidence to back things up from me, but I do find it interesting to think about.

My mother had 4 miscarriages before I was born. Years later after my excruciating cramps and relative recovery from autism we both found we were sensitive to gluten. She has 2 celiac DQ2 gene copies and I have 1.

carolynmay Apprentice

My mother had 4 miscarriages before I was born. Years later after my excruciating cramps and relative recovery from autism we both found we were sensitive to gluten. She has 2 celiac DQ2 gene copies and I have 1.

Just out of interest - does / did your mother have a lot of amalgam fillings? Did she have dental work whilst pregnant? As I say - purely out of interest!

icm Apprentice

Just out of interest - does / did your mother have a lot of amalgam fillings? Did she have dental work whilst pregnant? As I say - purely out of interest!

She's had a few throughout her life but no fillings during or since pregnancy that I'm aware of. I had a filling when I was young on one of my 'baby teeth' due to a cavity a year before going gluten free but neither of us have really had any problems with our teeth since around the time we went gluten-free.

Is there a correlation of some sort here? I know tooth enamel defects can be a result of untreated celiac disease. My mother did have (6 months ago) an ostectomy due to a bone growth that was misdiagnosed for a couple of years as all sorts of things (infection, abscess, etc.)

In the last 12 months since my last dental check up I have lived a life that was in direct conflict with my health. I didn't really cheat on the gluten-free diet but I totally loaded myself up with chocolates, lollies, sometimes didn't even brush my teeth for a week at a time.

By this time I was told I would have cavities for sure. I had a checkup a couple of days ago and was still all clear! :D

(of course, I didn't tell the dentist what I'd been doing but he said I had some of the best teeth he'd ever seen).

Perhaps sugar may not be the main culprit in tooth decay after all. Interestingly, from what I keep reading, tooth defects are common in untreated CELIAC DISEASE!!!

What are your thoughts??

carolynmay Apprentice

She's had a few throughout her life but no fillings during or since pregnancy that I'm aware of. I had a filling when I was young on one of my 'baby teeth' due to a cavity a year before going gluten free but neither of us have really had any problems with our teeth since around the time we went gluten-free.

Is there a correlation of some sort here? I know tooth enamel defects can be a result of untreated celiac disease. My mother did have (6 months ago) an ostectomy due to a bone growth that was misdiagnosed for a couple of years as all sorts of things (infection, abscess, etc.)

In the last 12 months since my last dental check up I have lived a life that was in direct conflict with my health. I didn't really cheat on the gluten-free diet but I totally loaded myself up with chocolates, lollies, sometimes didn't even brush my teeth for a week at a time.

By this time I was told I would have cavities for sure. I had a checkup a couple of days ago and was still all clear! :D

(of course, I didn't tell the dentist what I'd been doing but he said I had some of the best teeth he'd ever seen).

Perhaps sugar may not be the main culprit in tooth decay after all. Interestingly, from what I keep reading, tooth defects are common in untreated CELIAC DISEASE!!!

What are your thoughts??

My thoughts are actually more along the lines that mercury is one of the few toxins that passes readily through the placenta, so leaking amalgam fillings can pass from the mother to the unborn foetus and cause a lot of problems. I am very interested in this with respect to autism and auto-immune disorders. From my fairly wide reading on this, it seems that mercury may block the enzyme that digests gluten and casein, and may also switch off the body's recognition of "self", causing auto-immune responses.

I don't think that's the whole picture, and it seems that gut dysbiosis may actually cause greater absorption of heavy metals and other toxins from the intestinal tract, so possibly mercury is not the underlying cause but ends up becoming a toxic by-product.

What started me along these lines is that a respected gastroenterologist I know over here in the UK is constantly astounded at how many of his patients really benefit from vitamin B12 injections EVEN THOUGH THEIR BLOOD LEVELS ARE NORMAL OR EVEN HIGH

carolynmay Apprentice

My thoughts are actually more along the lines that mercury is one of the few toxins that passes readily through the placenta, so leaking amalgam fillings can pass from the mother to the unborn foetus and cause a lot of problems. I am very interested in this with respect to autism and auto-immune disorders. From my fairly wide reading on this, it seems that mercury may block the enzyme that digests gluten and casein, and may also switch off the body's recognition of "self", causing auto-immune responses.

I don't think that's the whole picture, and it seems that gut dysbiosis may actually cause greater absorption of heavy metals and other toxins from the intestinal tract, so possibly mercury is not the underlying cause but ends up becoming a toxic by-product.

What started me along these lines is that a respected gastroenterologist I know over here in the UK is constantly astounded at how many of his patients really benefit from vitamin B12 injections EVEN THOUGH THEIR BLOOD LEVELS ARE NORMAL OR EVEN HIGH

Whoops - hit the return key in my enthusiasm! Hadn't finished..

It seems that B12 may have a protective effect in the brain against methylated mercury.

Anyway, I may be making apples out of onions, but it's all just quite interesting and seems like there may be something going on here..

Sure that's enough for everyone - bye!

• 3 weeks later...
icm Apprentice

Whoops - hit the return key in my enthusiasm! Hadn't finished..

It seems that B12 may have a protective effect in the brain against methylated mercury.

Anyway, I may be making apples out of onions, but it's all just quite interesting and seems like there may be something going on here..

Sure that's enough for everyone - bye!

Very intriguing about the Gastroenterologist! Would taking a B12 megadose supplement have the same effect as the injections?

I take a B6 Megadose supplement (i.e. Kirkman Super Nu-Thera) which has some B12 but mostly 25 times the recommended daily value of B6. This apparently works well in some children with autism for genetic reasons. Does anyone know anything behind this???

• 1 month later...
icm Apprentice

To the best of my understanding, Ireland has one of the highest rates of celiac disease in the world. They also drink lots of A1 milk as shown on a page at betacasein.org

Casomorphins seem MUCH more powerful than gluteomorphins, too.

People in France eat lots and lots of bread (isn't it the most difficult country in the world when it comes to finding gluten-free food) every day. Celiac disease seems to be rarely found over there and don't the French also reject A1 herds of cattle? What I do know is that the dairy products over there mostly comprise of A2 beta casein.

Tell me your thoughts on my perhaps "lay" hypothesis. I drank a whole 1 litre bottle of A2 milk earlier today for breakfast (it's available here in Aus.) and I feel great! Don't think I could say the same about "normal" milk.

Archived