Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Bisquick

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

Has anyone tried Gluten free Bisquick yet?

I was going to try it this week...any comments about it.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

A lot of us have used it and there have been a number of topics on it. You might want to use the Google button in the top right hand corner of your screen and do a search for Gluten-Free Bisquick.

It's a staple in our house.

I've used it a few times, just for biscuits or pancakes and it worked fine for what I wanted lol I'm not much of a baker/chef so idk if I'm the best to take advice from on cooking! LOL 😃

I have tried gluten free Bisquik, but it just is not the same...I did not like it at all.

I probably need to be gluten free for a longer time and then try it again some time. Maybe if I wait a while it will taste better to me.... I was only gluten free for about 2 months when I tried the gluten free Bisquik.

Ads by Google:

Gluten free Bisquick and King Arthur are staples in our house, always have to have several packages on hand.

It really depends on what you expect from it. I love the stuff, but I don't expect perfect, flaky biscuits that will melt in my mouth either. I do love my impossible coconut pie though and keep almost talking myself into some baked chicken. I'm also quite happy with the pancakes from the back of the box although the waffles leave something to be desired.

I have made some really great cheesy-garlic biscuits from the back of the box. I was very pleased, as was my non-gluten-free family.

We love the pancakes it makes. As for the biscuits ---- well, they aren't like "biscuits" but more like some kind of bread/muffin type thing but they aren't bad as long as you're not expecting a real biscuit. I adapted a Belgian Waffle recipe using the gluten-free Bisquick & it's pretty darn good but the regular waffles from it ---- leave something to be desired.

Whaaaaaaatttt, there's gluten-free Bisquick???

Whaaaaaaatttt, there's gluten-free Bisquick???

:D It's a bit different, but it works. Think fried chicken! :D

My family loves it! I currently can't eat grains at all, but sure do miss waffles and pancakes made with gluten-free bisquick. If I'm remembering correctly the biscuits I made with it were really gritty - but the waffles - oh my - yummy!

Add a little more crisco or butter to the mix and add LOTS of cheese and garlic salt, or herbs....less gritty. :)

Add a little more crisco or butter to the mix and add LOTS of cheese and garlic salt, or herbs....less gritty. :)

sounds yummy - my men will thank you :)

I love it and use it all the time.

I actually like the waffles much better than the pancakes - but I used to make my own fluffy buttermilk pancakes from scratch and haven't found anything that comes close :(

And my family loves the "impossibly easy" pies.

I love it!! The Pancakes are superb! My hubby who is not gluten-free, but a diabetic has actually enjoyed the gluten-free products more than the old products. So, he said, go ahead, just make everything gluten-free and SF...we're good! LOL! He really likes the gravy I can make using this product as well for our beef roast, chicken, or pork roast! :)

I haven't used it for pancakes or biscuits...I use it to make sausage balls and spinach balls - just bought some today actually. The spinach ones are SO good!! I serve them at potlucks and no one ever knows they are gluten-free. You can find recipes on the Betty Crocker website