• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Dermatitis Herpetiformis

3 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Great find eatmeat! Excellent video. Thank you for finding & posting this. Two thumbs up! This should be made a sticky.

Good video, but I wonder if I will need to get a medical degree to fully understand this disease...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Williamino

• Topics

• I make my own mini loafs of a simple almond,coconut,apple sauce blend for dense, bland bread gluten free, and have my pastor bless them. I then keep them in the freezer and bring a piece with me for communion.
    • I don't have milk in liquid form any more, so I switched to coconut flavoured milk (rice based) for cereal, really like it. Then I take coffee black which I've also adjusted to. For an occasional treat I'll have a soy latte, tastes a bit nutty but I'm used to it now and it's as much about the visual treat of sitting in a coffee shop with a big milky coffee anyway. The last time I had a real milk latte I got some huge spots a day or so later on my chest and that was the clearest signal that milk and my skin weren't a good mix. What I haven't done is stop eating products that have milk listed as an ingredient. If I do that I lose so many of the nice gluten-free replacements  biscuits ice cream etc. I know I could try and get dairy free, but it's expensive and difficult to find. So maybe I should try doing that and see how I go... It's funny, a few years ago I used to have a 'healthy'  breakfast of porridge, milk, with a big spoon full of wheat bran for fibre which I convinced myself I needed for digestion. I used to feel pleased with myself for having a good start to the day when I subsequently found it was the worst combination of foods I could possibly have devised. I think If I ate that right now I'd explode!
    • I and many others here have been there and sympathise! Keep on keepin' on, it won't be long now before you can start feeling better. In the meantime, if there's a cheesecake, pastry etc that you want to say goodbye to, now's the time...
    • I'm not Catholic but I remember reading an article about gluten-free host wafers. Looks like this church has developed some guidelines you could show to your priest? https://www.dioslc.org/ministries/disabilities/holy-communion-for-people-with-celiac-disease
    • Yes. Went back on it a few weeks ago. I did mess all that up, doing Whole30 for March and April. Thought it was my gallbladder or an ulcer. I am glad I get to keep my organs!   But, oops. I'll be on it 7 weeks by the time my appointment rolls around. 
  • Upcoming Events