• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Restaurant Japan Town San Francisco?

6 posts in this topic

sreese68    36

I'll be in San Francisco at the end of the month. I was hoping to get a meal in Japan Town, but the restaurants listed on Japan Town's website don't have gluten-free menus. I have the international dining cards from Triumph Dining, but the language barrier still concerns me. I react to small amounts of cross contamination. I am able to eat out, but I only go to places that are well versed in gluten-free issues. So does anyone know of a place that's safe to eat?

Oh, for the rest of the city, I already know about Pica Pica Kitchen and will go there as soon as I drop my bags at the apartment where I'm staying. They have bread made of corn flour! I can't eat anything made of brown rice, so I haven't had bread in almost a year-and-a-half!

Not sure where else. I also can't eat garlic, onions, dairy, number of fruit and veggies, etc. etc, so finding a place with simple food isn't easy! Guess my Mr. Bento will get to see a lot of the city. It's better traveled than some people I know! LOL!

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

kenlove    43

The best japanese place in san Fran was in J town but at 108b Carl St in the Haight. Called Hama Ko.

Mostly just sushi and i would bring my own soy sauce and the cards but the quality was amazing.

I'll be in San Francisco at the end of the month. I was hoping to get a meal in Japan Town, but the restaurants listed on Japan Town's website don't have gluten-free menus. I have the international dining cards from Triumph Dining, but the language barrier still concerns me. I react to small amounts of cross contamination. I am able to eat out, but I only go to places that are well versed in gluten-free issues. So does anyone know of a place that's safe to eat?

Oh, for the rest of the city, I already know about Pica Pica Kitchen and will go there as soon as I drop my bags at the apartment where I'm staying. They have bread made of corn flour! I can't eat anything made of brown rice, so I haven't had bread in almost a year-and-a-half!

Not sure where else. I also can't eat garlic, onions, dairy, number of fruit and veggies, etc. etc, so finding a place with simple food isn't easy! Guess my Mr. Bento will get to see a lot of the city. It's better traveled than some people I know! LOL!

Mango04    11

The gluten free grocery store in the Dogpatch

Mariposa Bakery in the Ferry building

The Plant Cafe Organic

I won't list more because I'm not familiar with who doesn't use rice flour, but there are a lot of options

sreese68    36

Thanks, y'all! That's a good start. I actually can't eat any of the baked goods from Mariposa because they all have brown rice in them. Pretty much 90%+ of gluten-free baked goods do it seems. And the rest have something else I can't eat like honey or juice concentrates. I have actually gone into a 100% gluten-free bakery/cafe and had to eat meat without bread! LOL!

BethM55    17

A friend recommended a place called Source, in San Francisco. I've not eaten there, but they are vegan and gluten free, according to their website. If you try it, please post about your experience!

Ads by Google:

Gfreeatx    9

You might want to check out DOSA if you like Indian food. I ate there and they were very aware of gluten-free and CC. By the way, so jealous you are going to Pica Pica. I still have dreams of their maizewich!! :)