• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

App

12 posts in this topic

I thought it would be cool if there was an app for this forum on android and apple. Can anyone make this possible?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Wouldn't any mobile device with web browsing capability be able to navigate the forums?

Wouldn't any mobile device with web browsing capability be able to navigate the forums?

yes but it would be easier, quicker, and cooler to have an app lol.

yes but it would be easier, quicker, and cooler to have an app lol.

I see. However, not only would it be easier and quicker, but also more widely accessible and less costly, to simply create a version of the site which is optimized for mobile devices. But it's still an additional cost, so I'm guessing it won't happen unless it makes dollars and cents to do so.

I see. However, not only would it be easier and quicker, but also more widely accessible and less costly, to simply create a version of the site which is optimized for mobile devices. But it's still an additional cost, so I'm guessing it won't happen unless it makes dollars and cents to do so.

oh okay

Ads by Google:

I thought it would be cool if there was an app for this forum on android and apple. Can anyone make this possible?

Only Scott and Peter know if that is possible or something they want to do. I don't know how much work or money it would take. They read suggestions and decide if the suggestion is helpful & if its something they can do. I'm guessing it wouldn't be an instant change if they wanted to do it.

I do find the site hard to use on my Iphone but it works well on my iPad.

Hmmm..I thought this was an app on my android...or mobile viewing? I looked on my laptop...very different from my phone...

Hmmm..I thought this was an app on my android...or mobile viewing? I looked on my laptop...very different from my phone...

ok

There is an app for message boards on android called Tapatalk, but this website is not compatible.

There is an app for message boards on android called Tapatalk, but this website is not compatible.

oh ok

The forum should already redirect iphone/pad users to a different version of this forum that is better for those systems.

Scott

The forum should already redirect iphone/pad users to a different version of this forum that is better for those systems.

Scott

I recently found out it does but one disadvantage of that is i can not login with my facebook. At least i dont think so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Michaeldp

• Topics

• We are not doctors, but based on the results you provided, you tested negative on the celiac screening test.  You could ask for the entire celiac blood panel to help rule out celiac disease.  The other IgA that was high?  It normally is given as a control test for the TTG IgA test (meaning if the celiac test results are valid).  In your case, the TTG IgA test works.  Outside of celiac disease, you might have some infection.  Discuss this with your doctor as he has access to your entire medical file.  I would not worry about it though over the weekend!  
    • See: http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/faq/can-a-skin-biopsy-for-dermatitis-herpetiformis-dh-confirm-celiac-disease-or-is-an-endoscopy-still-needed/ Take a copy of that with you or mail it to the doc. How many endoscopic biopsies did they take? Those with dh tend to have patchier damage than "normal" celiacs.
    • Ironictruth, I think that is a very insightful thought. since different antibodies present for different body systems all the ways gluten affects the body is still not well understood. Here is a case of presumably someone who had the gut damage of a celiac but also had neurological damage. http://www.nature.com/nrneurol/journal/v3/n10/full/ncpneuro0631.html entitled "A case of celiac disease mimicking amyotrophic lateral sclerosis" so it has happened in the literal but since this is not well understood people don't make the connection today. I would also point you to this hindawi article on the "Lesson's learned from Pellagra" but I am afraid we haven' learn't yet. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/cggr/2012/302875/ notice specially the 2.1 section clinical feature of pellagra and all the neurological symptom's once associated with a Pellagra patient. quoting "The neurological manifestation did not stop there because other degenerative conditions, such as an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-like picture, were described, with fasciculation of the tongue and upper and lower motor neuron signs. Cerebellar syndromes occurred and vertigo was frequent. Headaches, sensory and pain syndromes, epilepsy, and involuntary movements were noted as well as sleep disturbances. Cord lesions were also seen, as was optic atrophy, so there were multiple sclerosis (MS), like variants." which tells me doctor's don't recognize pellagra today when they see it because they haven't seen it in 75+ years. ***this is not medical advice but read the hindawi journal on lesson's learned and I think you will see yourself in their many descriptions of all the way Pellagra presents itself to doctor's and patients still suffering today and you can see why it (like celiac) is hard to pin down today because it presents in so many ways it can be soo overwhelming and since vitamins are not a focus anymore today (especially b-vitamins) that today I believe we are doomed to repeat history's lessons unless the current generation learns again all the ways pellagra presents itself today. good luck on your continued journey. posterboy by the grace of God,  
    • after going gluten-free I felt great! but lately I have been feeling bad. the gluten symptoms are still gone, but now I am weak, foggy,  any ideas? doc did a full blood work up, all came back normal
    • Estes, I want to respond to your question might it be Pellagra instead? It might be but it will be hard to prove by testing. See my response to this question from an earlier thread. The in International Journal of Celiac disease noticed this connection in 58% of Celiac's. Here is the link http://pubs.sciepub.com/ijcd/3/1/6/ quoting  (My words Pellagra is) "Considered now as a vitamin deficiency state, pellagra has been linked to a chronic lack of niacin (vitamin B3 or nicotinic acid), an important constituent of coenzyme I and coenzyme II. Its clinical map is believed to include the classic 3 Ds: Dermatitis, Dementia and Diarrhea. The order of appearance and severity of these three sub-syndromes varies and some may not show at all."  and their note  that "Unfortunately, the patient was not diagnosed biochemically as pellagra and died before gluten free diet was initiated." and also notice this research as first pointed out by Knitty Kitty https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2084620 People who had pellagra and esophagitis showed improvemnt in their condition in only a week of supplementation. But they stopped too soon. The ajcn link quoted in an earlier response noted clinical remission after 3 weeks of 3/day supplementation with Niacinamide plus a B-complex and a high quality niacin containing food regimen for 3 more months to ensure complete remission. Here is the link again. http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/1/218.full the problem most people have today most people wont take a vitamin that long (3 months) or that frequent (2 to 3 daily) to completely recover. but we know even if you take a  b-complex with as little as 100mg Niacinamide 3/day for a month many of our GI problems will improve because it is the clinical response to the vitamin that confirms the diagnosis. I think of a 3 month cycle as more cautious to avoid someone relapsing back into sub-clinical pellagra but if that is too aggressive in your mind then take it (Niacinamide) for only a month 2 to 3/daily to see if it doesn't help is worth a try  I think. My experience with B-vitamins tells me 3 months is ideal because that repletes our storage sites in the liver.  You should probably take this/is (Niacinamide) with a B-complex so as too keep your other B vitamins in balance as well. ****** this is not medical advice but I hope it helps you the way it did me. good luck on your continued journey. 2 Timothy 2: 7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included. posterboy by the grace of God,  
  • Upcoming Events