• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

App

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

I thought it would be cool if there was an app for this forum on android and apple. Can anyone make this possible?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Wouldn't any mobile device with web browsing capability be able to navigate the forums?

yes but it would be easier, quicker, and cooler to have an app lol.

yes but it would be easier, quicker, and cooler to have an app lol.

I see. However, not only would it be easier and quicker, but also more widely accessible and less costly, to simply create a version of the site which is optimized for mobile devices. But it's still an additional cost, so I'm guessing it won't happen unless it makes dollars and cents to do so.

I see. However, not only would it be easier and quicker, but also more widely accessible and less costly, to simply create a version of the site which is optimized for mobile devices. But it's still an additional cost, so I'm guessing it won't happen unless it makes dollars and cents to do so.

oh okay

Ads by Google:

I thought it would be cool if there was an app for this forum on android and apple. Can anyone make this possible?

Only Scott and Peter know if that is possible or something they want to do. I don't know how much work or money it would take. They read suggestions and decide if the suggestion is helpful & if its something they can do. I'm guessing it wouldn't be an instant change if they wanted to do it.

I do find the site hard to use on my Iphone but it works well on my iPad.

Ads by Google:

Hmmm..I thought this was an app on my android...or mobile viewing? I looked on my laptop...very different from my phone...

ok

There is an app for message boards on android called Tapatalk, but this website is not compatible.

There is an app for message boards on android called Tapatalk, but this website is not compatible.

oh ok

Ads by Google:

The forum should already redirect iphone/pad users to a different version of this forum that is better for those systems.

Scott

The forum should already redirect iphone/pad users to a different version of this forum that is better for those systems.

Scott

I recently found out it does but one disadvantage of that is i can not login with my facebook. At least i dont think so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Serah

• Topics

• My daughter is having her scope on Tue he said it could still be normal as her bloods even though positive they weren't highly positive. But due to the fact of her on going fatigue even with iron supplements her positive gene test and her dad being a type one diabetic he thinks it's best that he does the scope. Should I start gluten free trial straight after the scope as we can't get back in for results for two weeks and I feel her fatigue is getting worse and we were thinking of trialing gluten free even if scope is negative any thoughts
    • Positive biopsy and blood work?  It sure sounds like your doctor made the right diagnosis.   Let me tell you my story.  Diagnosed after going for a routine colonoscopy because I am over 50.  GI saw my chart and noted that I was anemic.  I have a genetic anemia and I was iron deficient as well.  I lived like that my entire life.  But my wise GI ordered a celiac blood panel and it was considered mildly positive.  So, he ordered an endoscopy to my colonoscopy.   I had been dairy free since I was young.  Was told that I had an allergy.  I had not any GI issues with gluten.   I was an avid baker.  I had nut issues and also mushroom, garlic/onion, and egg intolerances.  I had some pretty severe allergies to medications (anaphylactic) and some seasonal allergies along cats and horses.   I was shocked.  My husband had been gluten free for 12 years prior to my diagnosis.  There is no way both of us would have gluten issues.  But...the tests did not lie.  My iron deficiency anemia resolved within months of my going gluten free.  Two months into the diagnosis, I fractured my back doing NOTHING!  I have osteoporosis as a results of having celiac disease.   Grief is completely understandable.  Denial is a part of grieving.  But the proof will be in follow-up blood tests and how you feel.   So, now I can eat nuts (not almonds), eggs (two a day every single)  and dairy.  Yes, ice cream!  I have yet to get back garlic and mushrooms, but I can live with that.   I have Hashimoto’s too.  .  Once you have one autoimmune disorder, you can develop more.  The gluten-free diet may help, not only your celiac disease, but your UC issues as well.   Try the diet.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised!  
    • Hi Sofie! Listen to KarenG.   We both had iron deficiency anemia when we were diagnosed.  Plus, I have Thalassemia which is a genetic anemia on top of the iron deficiency anemia.   Dumping iron into your system is not the solution.  You need to be seriously gluten free.  You are probably unknowingly damaging other parts of your body....like your bones.  Two months after my diagnosis, I fractured my back doing NOTHING!  Think you are just not getting enough oxygen to your brain?  Think again!  It is probably related to celiac disease.  Celiac disease is systemic.  It is not just about villi damage.   But why am I telling a college student this?   You should be researching your autoimmune illness and ensuring that you do not develop Cancer (rare) or another autoimmune disorder like lupus, diabetes, thyroiditis, MS, Crohn’s, or one of the almost 100 other Autoimmune disorders (common).    Get your antibodies down.  Your mild anemia is the least of your problems.  Raising  your ferritin level may help a little, but healing from celiac disease will help you a lot more!    
    • Let my start by giving a brief summary of what I’ve been diagnosed with. Just over the past year I’ve been diagnosed with Celiac, EOE, lactose intolerance, soy allergy, tree nut allergy. Most recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. The Colitis came 8 months after having found out I had celiac. I have never had problems with gluten in my life. Dairy was something I had to eliminate because of the excrutiating stomach pains I would get from it. But I can have gluten any day and not have a problem.  I was diagnosed with a biopsy and followed by bloodwork. But who’s to say that dairy wasn’t the cause? I just feel like the GI was very quick to jump on the diagnoses without fully understanding my medical history, prescriptions I’ve took in the past ie long term antibiotic use, accutance, and 7 years of constant NSAID use.
    • I think she wants you to be strictly gluten free and heal.  Not give you things to patch up the damage you are causing by not getting your antibodies down and healing.   I am sure  she expected that you would take your diagnosis seriously and eat gluten-free.  4 months after your diagnosis, your antibodies would have gone down better.  But you weren't eating gluten free.  Eat gluten free. Take your supplements.  Read about the correct way to get your iron up - B12, vitamin C, don't take with calcium foods, etc  
  • Upcoming Events