• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Intolerant

2 posts in this topic

I have been gluten intolerant for over a year now. Last Saturday I was making Salmon, and wanted to marinate it in Soy Sauce. I had the Gluten Free Soy Sauce, but needed more, so I used the regular one, not even looking at the bottle which says it contains Wheat. Well, I have been sick with stomach pains for 3 days. I was wondering if this is normal, and if anyone has experienced such pain. My chiropractor (who is my naturopath also) told me that it would take at least 3 days for this to exit my system, but I don't seem to be getting any better.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

It takes just about three days for me every time I get accidentally "glutened." Fear not--you'll feel better soon!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    MissingPizza

• Topics

• I actually looked into growing my own, I hear they grow GREAT on coffee grounds. Issues is all starting seeds, and spore batches EVERYWHERE are on rye, wheat, and barely seeds. LITERALLY, the standard for growing them is planting the spores on gluten containing grains. Check yourself on this, while mentioned in several articles the gluten protein is not in the grown mushroom cap/plant. If anything I might have issues with gluten at the base or stalk in which case playing it safe by just harvesting the caps and washing them would be good. I just wish they would use something like buckwheat, rice, sorgum, etc for a seed to put the spores on........I know it is paranoia just saying. Side note I have had no issues with the last 7 batches of mushrooms I have purchased, I even tried the overly sensitive nima on a batch of them blended with a smiley, and these where unwashed ones. SO yes it is a hit and miss thing. I found some brands have never given me issues like a few local portabellos, and polar canned. While others from a local farm got me twice with the bella mushrooms.   As to Gemini response, yes I have the same issues with certain foods always making me sick......olives, peanuts, pork, few others, No logical reason I just very sick and start puking violently when I eat them.    I will admit sometimes things make me sick in weird ways almost like gluten but not. Hell last time I spent 4 days on a elimination diet just ot learn it was the oddest things, a batch of rancid almond butter was doing it. I thought it was just overly roasted but fact was it was just starting to go rancid. I know this was not gluten by day 2 as I analyzed the effects which were a little different.  
    • Hi Mermaid's Mom I used to always feel very hot and found it very difficult living in a hot country, which I did a few years ago.   Since my diagnosis and adopting a gluten free diet I've felt cold in a way I never have before.  I don't know if it is a coincidence, but it seems to me a bit too much of a coincidence! I think the first port of call is to check if your daughter has a thyroid issue.   I assumed that was my problem but the TSH and T4 tests say things are good, but my friends on this forum say I need to have other levels looked at so possibly I do have a problem lurking. Problem is that here in the UK it is difficult to have 'a full thyroid panel' under the National Health Service.  If you can get one for your daughter it would be worth a try, I'm sure.    
    • So 3+ weeks gluten-free.  She is on B12 weekly injections, iron and magnesium supplements. She has ALWAYS run hot.  Never - literally never cold. I noticed that she is now sleeping in socks and a hoodie.  Every night. Now during the day she has more than a few times said she is freezing. Now I have ALWAYS been a freezing person.  The only one -everyone else in the family runs hot but me.  I am abnormally cold.  But even I am not cold when she says she is?? Any thoughts?
    • Knowing my luck, the fish would get Celiac disease and I'd have to stop eating them too!!! lolol   Thanks.......
    • You can try some basic tips: Eat a high-protein breakfast. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. Drink water a half hour before meals. Choose weight loss-friendly foods. Eat soluble fiber. Drink tea. Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Eat your food slowly. Don't be so upset. A lot of people don't receive results when they just start their diet. As for that was the same when I started my diet, I start losing weight on the third month. I try to avoid some food and especially coffee I threw away coffee from my life. So I drink only tea, I bought special Tea here. I think you can try it too. Keep going!
  • Upcoming Events