This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Foxnews Front Page

RonSchon

RonSchon Explorer

The ratio continues to show more and more people have been misdiagnosed.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

YoloGx Rookie

This is truly amazing, I agree. Though it would be interesting if they also tested for simple gluten intolerance. I also think a stool test would be more pertinent than a blood test.

The thing about "non whites" is that we are all related to each other. It gets a little tricky too to say what race we theoretically are or are not statistically, since these days everyone is related to everyone else--at least in a broad sense. I have known several blacks for instance who are severely gluten sensitive. It may not be out and out celiac, however their bodies say don't eat the gluten anyway...

Nevertheless I agree- if you are fair haired with pale skin and of celtic or nordic background, the chances of your having celiac or other food intolerances seems to go up.

Takala Enthusiast

I believe that the researchers and the way these articles are being written are still trying to ignore that the "non- white" population (grits teeth when I have to type that) as they refer to it, has a much higher rate of auto immune diseases and problems here in the United States. I believe that the so - called "fibromyalgia" epidemic, is nothing more than a vast ocean of undiagnosed food intolerances, with the primary one being undiagnosed gluten intolerance.

In every population that wasn't eating what is now called the "Western" diet (high in wheat family cereals and breads, and refined sugars) those populations were healthier, until they switched diets to that which the "civilized" population had introduced. Now they are suffering, and we still, incredulously, have the United States Dept of Agriculture and the current Grain Lobby trying to push the remnants of the Food Pyramid eating guide onto them, while the medical profession still tells them to go vegetarian and low fat and "maybe then they'd lose weight."

YoloGx Rookie

I hear you on that Takala. Sugar and all the weird additives and preservatives they put in so called food is making a wreck of the nation if not the world. Gluten is a killer whether or not one has out and out celiac--especially the super gluten they now have which is many times more potent and thus more addictive (with opiates) than the original. And, like you say, fibromyalgia is spreading, as a result, like wild fire no matter what "race" one is.

tom Contributor

FoxNews "Front Page"?

I'm seeing Soros-the-bogeyman, Obama bragging about Bin Laden (a bad thing there?), science-denying climate change stories . .....hmmm.

Why bring Fox into this at all? It's not an exclusive. It's a Reuters article.

Archived