• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Should I Get Some Other Tests

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Ok thyroid labs are completely normal. I don't have my most recent available but I know they were right were they had to be. Testosterone was way low. Going to discuss with doc next week. I'm still having odd issues though.

Bowel Troubles are stills pretty constant

I get burning and nausea in the gut

dizziness (almost to the point that it makes me feel like falling over)

sweating

fatigue (which I put up to the Low T)

I'm not losing weight but I'm also not gaining (thank god)

I also have low vitamin d. I've been taking 5000 IU every night.

Any suggestions as to what else could be going on here.

I had a colonoscopy, no crohns or uc. Had the celiac blood test done, came back negative with I think the Gluten Giladian IgG or IgA (i forget which ones) be Tentative at 11 which was the slightest elevated.

Liver Panel was fine, nothing showed up on my Abdominal and Pelvic Ultrasound.

Any suggestions as to any other testing or could it be stress. I'm not really worried these days as much as annoyed as I want to feel better.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi Scotty,

The sweating could be an indicator of infection or inflammation. I used to sweat a lot especially when sleeping at night. Ongoing irritation in the gut can cause that IMHO. That kind of irritation can be caused by food intolerances (as it was for me), or parasites, or Crohns or UC which are already ruled out. The answer for me was changing my diet. Diet made a huge difference for me but it took me years to figure out the problem foods and eliminate them. New ones seemed to crop up over time. So that's where I would tend to look first, is diet. Doctors aren't much help with that.

You might want to study out any other nutrients you need. If you are not absorbing D well, what about B? Many of us are low in magnesium, iron, and B vitamins. I am planning to do a blood test for nutrients. Spectra -Cell is one test that measures for nutrients.

DT

Ok thyroid labs are completely normal. I don't have my most recent available but I know they were right were they had to be. Testosterone was way low. Going to discuss with doc next week. I'm still having odd issues though.

sweating

I had a colonoscopy, no crohns or uc. Had the celiac blood test done, came back negative with I think the Gluten Giladian IgG or IgA (i forget which ones) be Tentative at 11 which was the slightest elevated.

Any suggestions as to any other testing or could it be stress. I'm not really worried these days as much as annoyed as I want to feel better.

The low T may be related to the low D.....obviously the dose you are taking is not working. Need more, or more sun.

sweating

Ask to be tested for small intestine bacterial overgrowth(SIBO). If you have bad bacteria in your upper intestine it can rob the nutrients from your body, causing malabsorption of some of them. They can also emit toxins into your system as they feed, causing reactions like dizziness and night sweats. Did you get an endoscope done to see how your villi look?

You may be Celiac, or at least gluten intolerant? If Celiac blood tests show up negative, try strict gluten-free anyway for at least 3 months. You could have an intolerance which hasn't progressed enough to show in the bloodwork and there's also a 20-30% false negative with blood tests.

For the nausea..have you had a HIDA scan? It tests how your gallbladder is functioning. This is different from an ultrasound which checks for gallstones. If your gallbladder isn't functioning at a normal rate, your pancreas may not be releasing the digestive enzymes you need either? They both get their signal from CCK, a hormone made in the duodenum. If you have damage to this area from SIBO, Celiac, or dairy/soy or other intolerance either the hormone may not be made..or may not be sent to signal those two organs to "do their thing".

If you have taken acid blockers, SIBO is more likely. Adding probiotics and digestive enzymes could help you out a lot.

Ads by Google: