Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Celiac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Hold Over Behaviors

4 posts in this topic

I am so frustrated I could scream!!!!!!!!! My daughter is exhibiting what our pediatrician referred to as hold over behaviors. Since she has been sick for so long now that her body feels better she exhibits behaviors of age 2 & 3 again. Like she is re-testing the efficacy. Our pediatrician said to expect this after she was finally diagnosed Celiac. I can't believe it's true but it is. My daughter has started to act like a 2 year old again. She gets out of her room 20 times at bed time and she screams in my face. Behaviors that were gone and are now back! I can't believe it!

It's so hard. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ads by Google:

The body goes through alot. Sorry, I haven't been very nice to live with either. I hope she and you will feel better soon.

Diana

Hmm, I never heard of it described that way, but I wonder if my 6yo daughter is going through a bit of that. (How old is your daughter?) She is very defiant (not all the time, but more than usual), tests limits constantly, and keeps getting out of bed. However, I had just attributed it to being 6, which is a rough age. (Her non-celiac twin sister is doing a lot of the same things, and we can't blame it on celiac in her case.)

Anyway, I hope she comes back to equilibrium soon!

Hi, When my daughter got diagnosised the first two weeks were ridiculous with behaviors, we called it a withdrawl. She did go throw some majors regression as well but in 3 months we were so pleased with the changes that it was worth it.

Good luck and be careful reading labels.

Suzanne

Hmm, I never heard of it described that way, but I wonder if my 6yo daughter is going through a bit of that. (How old is your daughter?) She is very defiant (not all the time, but more than usual), tests limits constantly, and keeps getting out of bed. However, I had just attributed it to being 6, which is a rough age. (Her non-celiac twin sister is doing a lot of the same things, and we can't blame it on celiac in her case.)

Anyway, I hope she comes back to equilibrium soon!