• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Baker goes gluten-free for an improved life - Peoria Journal Star

1 post in this topic

Baker goes gluten-free for an improved life

Peoria Journal Star

Being diagnosed with celiac disease is a blow for most people. Following a gluten-free diet is difficult - it usually means giving up favorite foods. So you'd think Dahinda resident Nancy Brown, an avid cook and field editor for Taste of Home Healthy ...

7 Worst Mistakes People Make With Celiac Disease & Gluten Sensitivity Hive Health Media (blog)

all 2 news articles »

View the full article

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Genevieve.Jones

• Topics

• My daughter did not test positive for celiac (6 week gluten challenge after being gluten free for 2 months).  So she is technically NCGS. One of her worst symptoms is leg pain. It was a chronic problem when she was 7, to the point where she could no longer play soccer. At 8 we went gluten free because of GI issues and the leg pain went away. It came back with the gluten challenge and again went away when we went off gluten for good after testing. If she gets glutened, that is one of the tell-tale symptoms. She has had to use crutches because the pain is so bad.  And when glutened, the pain usually lasts about 3 days. 
    • Thanks raven and awol--I think she will feel much better hearing that these pains could be due to her celiac.  I don't know about the Epsom salts-never asked-so I definitely will.  I think further compounding it right now is that the doctor did not want her to take ibuprofen for 7 days before the procedure and not sure if Tylenol is allowed but she can't take it because it messes with the continuous glucose monitor that she wears.  Only 4 more days.   I will try to see if my primary can or will run a full celiac panel for me.  Left him a message asking why he didn't test my immunoglobulin a and whether we should be running the full panel.  I have encouraged my husband to test as well--he did just have a colonoscopy and endoscopy last fall--looking for other things but would they have been able to see celiac if there?  He has bad acid reflux and they were just doing the colonoscopy since he turned 50.  My other daughter-who has Hashimoto's-was genetically tested for celiac through Prometheus labs about 6 years ago due to our family history of autoimmune and she was having bad stomach issues--that came back negative.  So I think (hope) she's good?  
    • Omg I love quiche.  https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/gluten-free-quiche-lorraine/1d20d2e5-e2cd-4b2a-bc83-38bee7736463 i have trail mix for breakfast. Its nutty goodness is high in protein and helps me stay full.  
    • Yes. I'm broken.  Will try the adderal this weekend. And report back. ennis, your stuff sounds great. Will look into rounding up ingredients. I've been on a. about 12-13 years ago for a year or two. Worked fabulous for me. Used to love it. Then one day I decided I wanted to quit it, and I think I went cold turkey and it was hard. Brain had become so used to it. Want to do it differently this time and not take it 7 days a week. With my new job starting mid august I'll need to be absolutely in tip top condition so I'm thinking about taking it just during the week and getting some rest on the weekends. Looking forward to having it help me drop a couple pounds too. Just sitting around at home (and doing a lot of sitting at my pt job this summer) is doing nothing for me, with no motivation to do the exercise bike even.
    • I get muscle spasms and cramps too. When gluten issues flare it gets annoying. As other posters said magnesium and b vitamins help. Of course when so damaged you don't absorb it is a challenge. As Raven said I get unbelievable back pain / muscle fatigue. Upper  back between shoulder blades and lower back which refers the pain to my left hip. Had it 20 plus years. While gluten-free it improved dramatically flooded back with full force rage during my challenge. Huge set back I still am working on 10 months later. Does your Dr allow an Epsom salt baths? I find them beyond helpful for aches/pains after a DC introduced me to them.
  • Upcoming Events