• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Reacting To Something....antibiotic...maybe?

5 posts in this topic

c_grote    0

Something must have got to me and now I am in question?

Thinking I have it narrowed down or do I?

Drug in Question Cefuroxime Axetil Tablets 500mg - Manufactured by Lupin Pharmaceuticals -

I called the manufacturer, there claim is that there is no gluten in there product, they were very short with me, very rude....twice now after taking this product I have had reactions...

however...

Both times I was taking this product I also consumed Tostinos Corn Chips and there Medium Salsa...

Last Time I had more running to the bathroom symptoms and stomach pain...

This Time I have stomach pain/swelling/ but very very bad joint pain/swelling/neck & back pain ... I can't seem to get comfortable my body just aches...

Anyone else experiencing symptoms with these items??

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

mamaw    133

sorry you are not feeling well. I can't say why this is happening but I do know too much corn in a day & a spicy salsa can get me.. As for the med again I don't know if it contains gluten but maybe gluten in a filler , who knows.. some people have trouble the filler celluose. It could be in & is in many drugs as a filler...

get better soon

jerseyangel    409

Antibiotics can cause diarrhea and stomach pain as side effects, not having anything to do with gluten.

Did you eat the chips and salsa regularly before going on the medication? If you did and were fine with it, it is most likely a side effect. If that was the first time with the chips/salsa, I'd try not eating them and see if you feel better.

My feeling is that it's the antibiotic, but you never know.

GF Lover    201

Something must have got to me and now I am in question?

Thinking I have it narrowed down or do I?

Drug in Question Cefuroxime Axetil Tablets 500mg - Manufactured by Lupin Pharmaceuticals -

I called the manufacturer, there claim is that there is no gluten in there product, they were very short with me, very rude....twice now after taking this product I have had reactions...

however...

Both times I was taking this product I also consumed Tostinos Corn Chips and there Medium Salsa...

Last Time I had more running to the bathroom symptoms and stomach pain...

This Time I have stomach pain/swelling/ but very very bad joint pain/swelling/neck & back pain ... I can't seem to get comfortable my body just aches...

Anyone else experiencing symptoms with these items??

Here is the expanded description of the drug including side effects and interactions.

http://www.rxlist.com/ceftin-drug.htm

Take a look.

This type of thing also happened to me recently. I saw different doc for tests. The last doc, a cardiologist, made the connection to the drug I was taking. All is better.

Hang in there.

c_grote    0

Thank You All .... I'm going to blame the medicine this time...feeling better! Colleen, by the look of those side effects it seems very clear to me! Cathleen

Ads by Google: