• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free Protein Shakes

4 posts in this topic

Hey,

I wanting to purchase a gluten-free shake but I am not sure what brand would be good I was thinking of one called Naturtral Whey protein. anyone got some ideas?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Vega!

gluten-free, dairy free, and soy free.

I make a smoothie and add pumpkin seed protein. I've also used hemp protein or rice protein. (So, banana, frozen fruit, coconut milk, protein powder, and probiotics.)

I know Ensure Plus is gluten free also Muscle Milk and Cytogainer are both gluten free. Depending on the flavors of course.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    JesLin

• Topics

• I went to University of Maryland to see Dr. A. Fassano, because it was close to my home.  So not much more cost than a few hours off work and driving there. Doctors can't do much for celiac patients.  The best treatment for celiac disease is the gluten-free diet.  And that is the patients own responsibility.  Beyond that, there is Here's a list of some celiac centers. http://www.csaceliacs.org/celiac_centers.jsp I don't know where you live but I'd check with any local celiac groups before deciding to go on a long trip.  It may be there is as good celiac doctor in your area but you don't know about them.
    • Deamidated gliadin is the "new" test, the old one is just gliadin (if I understand what you are asking.   Definitely a positive and not normal.
    • The black walnut site looks pretty interesting cyclinglady. I've never heard of something where people from different areas collect wild nuts and turn them in to a central place. If I'm reading that correctly. Thanks kareng, I may try that sometime.
    • While CC can be a huge issues I found a few places I can trust, and I take test strips or a tester with me when I eat out. Big thing is look up reviews of places on FindMeGlutenFree app on a phone and check those out. I suggest not eating out the first few months though. But when you do ask the manager about how they will fix your food, make sure you order form the gluten-free menu. And if you can test it before eating. Simplest thing is ask unseasoned, no sauces on stuff. Most places will let you bring your own sauces, seasonings, and condiments if you have health issues. I do this all the time. While eating outside my house I bring my own meals, prefixed, If your somewhere you do not quite trust and need to fix a meal, I find using freezer paper layed out over the surface and disposable utensils work. I bring a small chef kit on vacation and trips with a griddle, knife, simple trusted seasonings and gluten-free ingredients I source form local stores. If a Microwave is available make steam pouches out of vacuum seal bags preseason-ed and marinated just poke holes in it and zap. Or they make all kind of microwave cook ware now for steaming foods, cooking eggs, bacon, etc. So you can cook so much easier now outside of hte house. Whole foods and fresh produce can be sourced just about anywhere and are nice and simple alternative raw. I will share a page of a bunch of gluten-free alternatives, places to order foods, and how to get them at local grocery store if you prefer. We do suggest Whole foods only for the first few months to jump start the healing process, and only eat stuff certified gluten-free to avoid any issues and til you master label reading. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/117090-gluten-free-food-alternatives-list/  
    • It is NOT normal.  I speak from experience.  Only my DGP IgA was above range and the rest of the celiac panel was negative.  My biopsies reveal moderate to severe damage.  There is a reason there are several celiac tests.  Not all have to be positive -- only one.  Even in follow-up testing, I continue to test positive to only the DGP IgA.  My GI no longer bothers to order the rest of the panel.  Mind you, my only symptom was a long history of anemia (low ferritin and I have a 2nd genetic anemia on top of that).  I had no gut issues at all!  I was shocked.   Your GP is wrong.  Find a GI who knows about celiac disease.    
  • Upcoming Events