• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Relief For Burning Mouth

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have recently noticed that my mouth and the back of my throat burn almost constantly. I've read that this is part of Hashimoto's and I was wondering if anyone else has this and if there are any remedies for the burning mouth? I have multiple food allergies/intolerance so my diet is very restricted. I've been on the GAPS diet for about two months, stuck at stage 3.

Also, I am still losing weight, down to 100lbs. Has anyone else lost a lot of weight without meaning to? In less than a year?

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

A burning tongue and throat are strong indications of iron and/or B vitamin deficiencies. It could be that the lining of your small intestine is still healing, and your restrictive diet, in conjunction with this inability to absorb nutrients well, is causing you to become nutritionally deficient in certain vitamins and minerals.

A good B vitamin, such as Coenzyme B-Complex Caps by Country Life might help you, but you should also consider taking 2,000-3,000 mcg of sublingual B-12 daily for a while. Sublingual Vitamin B12 is easy to find at stores and very reasonably priced. If this is the problem, you should see almost immediate relief of your symptoms.

I lived with throat burning for several months (turned out to be GERD being really bad). I normally tried to keep it coated with things such as milk or even when i didn't have that i chuged water just to keep it wet.

I lost 90 lbs. without trying (after being overweight for years ) due to malabsorption from celiac.

I also had a horrible burning tongue, mouth, throat, GI tract---made me cry every day--- and no doctor could explain it.

(I heard GERD, HORMONES, Sjrogen's, menopause, yeast infection, vit defs, "NO IDEA" , blah blah blah ) It burned right down to my rectum (sorry, it's the truth) and it did not stop until about 10-12 months after being gluten-free after my DX.

to my knowledge, it has nothing to do with Hashi's thyroiditis.

It's inflammation, possibly vitamin deficiencies and dehydration.

Drink water, have your vitamin levels checked and dose accordingly--as prescribed.

It should stop soon. Hang in there!

Ads by Google: