• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

R.i.p Kindle....

9 posts in this topic

Argh!?! I knew this day was coming, I had just hoped it would be a LONG time away....my Kindle passed away this evening. I ofcourse, have had it for 2 years which is 1 year past the warranty, so I got to purchase a whole new one....yippee....Charlotte Bronte is partially stuck on my screen, I even considered trying CPR, but the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) rep felt I should peek at the Kindle Paper White before I blat my eyes out....SHE WAS RIGHT!! It's meant to be lol it even has a built in light! Now just to wait until late Oct. to get it!? Does anyone else have these things happen to them or am I just a magnet for it!? Atleast she offered me a discount, that. Was. Awesome. 😳😳 Having to purchase a new one, not so much...blah...

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

BabsV    19

OMG! It would be a very sad day if my Kindle died. I feel your pain. I just upgraded to the Kindle Touch...still getting used to it. Felt very spastic the first week or so of having it AND transferring content is such a freakin' pain in the you-know-what. I wish they had a better system for doing that...But when the shiny new Kindle comes you will be so happy. Enjoy!

bartfull    565

"I wish they had a better system for doing that..."

Have you tried the books in your public library? :lol:

BabsV    19

"I wish they had a better system for doing that..."

Have you tried the books in your public library? :lol:

Um, I've got 12 checked out right now!

I got the Kindle for when we are overseas and there is no public library available. Plus for vacations because luggage weight restrictions put a huge dent in my reading material options while on the beach, etc!

kareng    1,992

I feel your pain. Found out yesterday, my iPad, Maxie, is terminal. She may struggle along with email and this forum for months or quit in the middle of this post.

Ads by Google:

bartfull    565

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. I admit I am a dinosaur. I read a lot and get my books either at the library or at yard sales. Then I have a yard sale of my own to "recycle" them. If I traveled anymore I'd probably have one of those "new-fangled" reading devices too, but now that I've found my paradise, I won't be going anywhere so I don't need one.

Jestgar    715

I was "sold" when, while traveling, I saw a family whip out their kindle and start reading the section in the guide book about the quire. I had (the same) bulky guide book in my hands and decided I'd much rather cart around one small device instead of 3 guide books.

Ads by Google:

shadowicewolf    166

I have a nook tablet and love it. So much more convienent for book reading (dont get me wrong i love B&N and whatnot and i still go in to get my manga fix, but still). Me thinks my mom might get mad if i brought anymore books home that weren't a textbook.

Darn210    174

My library has ebooks to check out . . . now I can go to the library by visiting their site . . . love it. I still pick up books at yard sales because every so often, I don't want to take my kindle somewhere, you know, "dangerous" . . . plus you run into books that you want to read that aren't electonicalized or aren't carried by the library that you want to read.

One of my favorite features . . . the later in the day that it gets, the more tired my eyes get . . . and the bigger the font becomes on my kindle :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1